20th January 2018, 01:19 AM
Unregistered

Is it possible to do M.Sc Criminology after my graduation in BA English language and literature?

I completed my degree at Calicut university and I would like to do my post graduation in M.Sc criminology after my graduation in BA English language and literature and I would also like to know about the admission procedures? Hope I will get the answer soon. Thanks!

Related Questions:
  1. Does JNU provides MA degree in English language?
  2. Can we choose Tamil as an optional subject for IAS mains exam? Institutes providing coaching in that subject?
  3. Am I eligible to apply for NET if pursuing PG in English Literature but completed Graduation with English Language and Economics?
  4. What is the date of M.A engineering Lit external exam for semester I
  5. Books to be referred to prepare for the entrance of masters in Linguistics?
  6. How to do M.Phil after completing M.A and B.A in English Language and Literature?
  7. How to do M.Phil after completing my B.A and M.A in English Language and Literature? -- [Most Discussed]
  8. List of universities which offer Ph.D in English Language/Literature in India?
  9. How to join M.Phil and Ph.D course after doing PG in English Language and Literature from MG University Kerala?
  10. Detailed information about PhD in English Language and English Literature for an English postgraduate? Possibility to do PhD in Management?
  11. Can I do M.A after completing of IIIE exam?
  12. Detailed information about PhD(English) course for M.A.(English language and Literature) postgraduate?
  13. Available diploma courses in English literature?
  14. Can a B.A English Literature graduate pursue MSW Course after UG Graduation? What is the scope of MSW course for B.A English Literature Graduates?
  15. How to pursue Ph.D in English Language or literature?
  16. Am I eligible to do M.Sc. Criminology having completed Graduation?
  17. MA in Psychology after B.A in English Literature? MA in English literature along with diploma in Psychology? Duration of diploma course?
  18. Can I do PG in Forensic Science and Criminology being an Audiology and Speech Language Pathology graduate?
21st January 2018, 03:24 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to do M.Sc Criminology after my graduation in BA English language and literature?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I completed my degree at Calicut university and I would like to do my post graduation in M.Sc criminology after my graduation in BA English language and literature and I would also like to know about the admission procedures? Hope I will get the answer soon. Thanks!

Yes, it is possible to study MSc Criminology course after completion of BA English language and literature course. Eligibility to study the MSc or MA Criminology course is a bachelor’s degree in any discipline from a recognized university. Duration of the course is two years. Admission to the course is done on the basis of marks scored in the qualifying examinations. MA or MSc Criminology course is available to study in the following colleges for the BA candidates:

University of Madras - Official Website

Vinayaka Institution of Management and Technology - Official Website

The Global Open University - Official Website
21st January 2018, 03:40 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to do M.Sc Criminology after my graduation in BA English language and literature?

No, you can't pursue post graduation in a field like criminology, which is totally different from English literature. You need to have at least a degree in same subject or any related field.

Admission is mostly on the basis of entrance exam, conducted by the concerned university or institute. Hence, make sure you have the right qualification before applying for admission.
21st January 2018, 05:15 PM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to pursue master's degree in Criminology after graduation in BA English Language and Literature. In order to pursue M.Sc Criminology, you should have completed your graduation in arts or science stream with minimum 50% to 55% marks from a recognized college/university. With this eligibility you have to appear for a written examination conducted by most of the reputed institutes. After qualifying the examination you have to fill up the admission form of the respective college and submit it with the required fees and documents for admission.
21st January 2018, 06:06 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

You should choose BA in Journalism. It is bachelor's degree course. The duration of this course is 3 years.

Eligibility Criteria:-

You should have passed 12th from a recognised board with 55% marks.

Some reputed colleges conducts entrance exam to choose candidates for getting admission.

List of some collages:-

Asian Collage of Journalism

Times School of Journalism

Xavier Insititute of Communication

Symbiosis Insititute of Mass Communication.
21st January 2018, 09:12 PM
yogeshsharma3047
Senior Member+++

Sorry, to inform you that you are not eligible to apply for M.Sc (Master of Science) in criminology after completing BA in English Language & literature because qualification required to apply for M.Sc criminology is bachelors degree in science stream from government recognized institute with minimum 50% marks obtained.

As you want to go for further study after completing BA in English language & literature then MA in English language and literature course is best option for you to go for further study. Duration of MA English language and literature course is 2 years.
20th July 2020, 09:50 PM
Unregistered

Can I do msc IT after ba english literature
9th March 2021, 01:33 PM
Unregistered

is it possible to do m.sc criminology after my graduation in BA sociology and psychology
25th June 2021, 04:59 PM
Unregistered

Is it possible to do MA in Criminology after BMM in Journalism?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?