4th November 2015, 04:12 AM
Unregistered

Detailed information about PhD(English) course for M.A.(English language and Literature) postgraduate?

Hello,
My question is, I have done my M.A.(English language and Literature) and now I want to do PhD in English. Kindly help me to get the information. Thank you!

Related Questions:
  1. Detailed information about PhD(English) course for M.A.(English language and Literature) postgraduate? -- [New]
  2. Can we choose Tamil as an optional subject for IAS mains exam? Institutes providing coaching in that subject?
  3. Am I eligible for admission in Punjabi University Patiala after scoring an AIEEE state rank of 3774? -- [Most Discussed]
  4. Detailed information about PhD English Literature?
  5. Detailed information about PhD in English Literature?
  6. Detailed information about PhD in English Literature?
  7. How to do M.Phil after completing M.A and B.A in English Language and Literature?
  8. How to do M.Phil after completing my B.A and M.A in English Language and Literature? -- [Most Discussed]
  9. How to join M.Phil and Ph.D course after doing PG in English Language and Literature from MG University Kerala?
  10. Detailed information and eligibility to apply in CSIR-NET for M.Sc(Mathematics) postgraduate?
  11. Admission procedure to study PhD in English Literature in UK for M.A. postgraduate?
  12. Books to be referred to prepare for the entrance of masters in Linguistics?
  13. CBSE Class X English – Language and Literature Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  14. Detailed information about PG Diploma in English Literature course offered in Mysore University?
  15. Detailed information about Distance M.Phil in Microbiology course for a postgraduate?
  16. List of universities which offer Ph.D in English Language/Literature in India?
  17. Does JNU provides MA degree in English language?
  18. Detailed information about Diploma in Education course for a postgraduate?
5th November 2015, 01:50 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Detailed information about PhD(English) course for M.A.(English language and Literature) postgraduate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello,
My question is, I have done my M.A.(English language and Literature) and now I want to do PhD in English. Kindly help me to get the information. Thank you!
You have completed M.A.(English language and Literature) so you are eligible for Ph.D in English but you should qualify in UGC NET exam.

NET stands for National Eligibility Test. This exam is conducted by UGC.

The educational qualification required for NET exam is masters degree from a recognized university with above 55% marks. 5% relaxation is given for SC/ST category candidates. Final year student are also eligible for NET exam.

There is no age criteria for NET exam but for JRF posts, your age should be below 28 years.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?