11th May 2017, 09:41 PM
Unregistered

Which subject to choose in graduation after completion of 12th science to apply for IAS in future?

Which subject to choose in graduation after completion of 12th science to apply for IAS in future? Can you please provide me the details on the same? I need to take up the right subjects to ensure that I will be eligible to apply for IAS. Please guide me.

22nd May 2017, 11:14 PM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Which subject to choose in graduation after completion of 12th science to apply for IAS in future?

There is no specific subject for IAS (comes under UPSC) also not even a specific percentage in your graduation. All you have to be a graduate to apply for UPSC.
So, you can choose whatever subject you want.
23rd May 2017, 04:23 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Which subject to choose in graduation after completion of 12th science to apply for IAS in future?

IAS refers to Indian Administrative Service and to be an IAS officer you need to qualify Civil Service s Examination held by UPSC once in a year.

As far as you are concerned about selection of subject for your graduation degree to be eligible for appearing in Civil Services examination then for that you just not need to worry as for appearing in the same examination there is no requirement of a particular subject in academics at any stage of education and any graduate person satisfying others requirement are eligible to appear in the same examination.

Apart from educational qualification you need to be an Indian citizen with your age lying within 21 years to 32 years if you belong to general category. Further relaxation is provided to reserved category candidates as per the government norms.

But one thing I would like to advice you that you must opt the subject as per your strength as subjects studied earlier comes handy while selecting the paper of Civil Services Stage II examination i.e; Mains examination.

For more details regarding the same examination you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
24th May 2017, 11:31 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Which subject to choose in graduation after completion of 12th science to apply for IAS in future? Can you please provide me the details on the same? I need to take up the right subjects to ensure that I will be eligible to apply for IAS. Please guide me.
After completion of 12th standard in Arts, you can choose History subject for bachelor degree to become IAS officer. This subject is scoring subject and many question are coming from this subject.

Those candidates who have completed graduation degree from a recognized University are eligible for IAS exam.

Age criteria :-

Your age should be in between 21 to 32 years.

Age relaxation:-

5 years relaxation for SC/ST candidates
3 years relaxation for OBC Candidates
10 years relaxation for PHC candidates
5 years relaxation for Ex-serviceman
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?