10th February 2017, 09:49 AM
Unregistered

Is it good decision to start IAS coaching after M.Sc Computer Science? Which subject should I choose for it?

Hello sir, I am studying M.Sc Computer Science and want to become an IAS. Is it good to start coaching after completion of it? Which subject should I choose for it?

15th February 2017, 12:23 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it good decision to start IAS coaching after M.Sc Computer Science? Which subject should I choose for it?

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Services. It comes under Civil Services examination. Civil Services examination is conducted every year by UPSC. The eligibility criteria for Civil Services exam is as below:

>>Candidate must have done bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university. Final year graduation candidates can also apply for this exam.

>>Age limit for this exam is 21-32 years. There is three years age relaxation to OBC and five years to SC/ST candidates.

Yes, it is a good decision to start preparing for this exam after Master's degree. It requires 2 years of rigorous preparation for this exam. You must do enough self study along with coaching preparation.

Subject should be chosen depending upon your own interest. There is no restriction, you are free to choose any subject of your choice.
15th February 2017, 06:50 PM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it good decision to start IAS coaching after M.Sc Computer Science? Which subject should I choose for it?

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Service. It is one of the popular civil service in India which many students would like to get into.

The minimum academic qualification that is required for the candidates to take civil services exam is by completion of Graduation with any of the stream from a recognized university.

If you wanted to join IAS, you should not have joined Post Graduation in M.Sc. It would save 2 years of valuable academic life.

I don't say it is not a good decision. Because you have to opt for your career as per your interest. I

However, you can go for IAS now also by cracking the respective selection procedure
-Civil Services Preliminary Exam (CSAT)
-Main Exam
-Interview

As per optional subjects for Main Exam, I would suggest you to opt for any of the below
-Mathematics
-Physics
as you might have gone through these subjects during your academics in Graduation and Post Graduation.
15th February 2017, 08:35 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello sir, I am studying M.Sc Computer Science and want to become an IAS. Is it good to start coaching after completion of it? Which subject should I choose for it?
You have completed B.Sc degree, you are eligible for IAS exam.

Those candidates who have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognized University are eligible for IAS exam.

Your age should be in between 21 to 32 years.

Yes, you can take any coaching center for IAS exam. You can choose Anthropology subject as an optional for IAS exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?