29th February 2016, 11:00 PM
Unregistered

Which subject I can choose in graduation to have a career in banking?

What are the subjects in graduation nd which subject i should take if i want to do banking in future? Can you please provide me your suggestion in this matter? I want to know which all subjects I can take up now to have a future in banking career?

Related Questions:
  1. What should I do after graduation in B.Com Banking and Insurance? What else can I do after graduation? Career options available other than MBA?
  2. What should I do after passing 10th?
  3. Can I make a good career in Banking after completing graduation in B.Com(Banking and Insurance)
  4. Which subject I can choose to do my graduation if I am poor in physics, chemistry and maths?
  5. List of subjects I can take up in graduation to set career in banking in future?
  6. Which career should I choose after SSLC?
  7. What courses to do after completion of 12th Commerce? -- [Most Discussed]
  8. What to do after completing class 12th except engineering with physics, chemistry and maths?
  9. Courses that I can take up during graduation to get a job in Banking? I am doing banking and want to make a career in banking so which course to go for?
  10. Which subject I should choose after 12th in Graduation?
  11. Is it necessary to choose the optional subject on the behalf of graduation subjects?
  12. What course should I choose to get a job in Banking sector being a B.Com final year student?
  13. How may I make career in banking sector? I have completed my graduation in commerce with 60.5% marks
  14. Which career option I can choose after completion of my graduation course?
  15. What will I do after BSc in chemistry research
  16. Could I pursue Nuclear Engineering after pursuing diploma in engineering courses? Is this course included in list of engineering courses offered?
  17. Which is a good field for a biology student? I am not interested in MBBS
  18. Which subject I should take to become a banking manager
1st March 2016, 12:43 AM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which subject I can choose in graduation to have a career in banking?

There is no stream alloted or made specific for banking entrance exams either it is IBPS or SBI entrance exam.

You can pursue your bachelor's degree in any stream for banking exams and jobs. Commerce would be the most suitable option.
1st March 2016, 01:53 AM
ME471
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which subject I can choose in graduation to have a career in banking?

Banking sector jobs requires good mathematics and business knowledge. Along with these subjects you must have good command on the computer applications. So my suggestion to you is that you should go for the BCA or B.Com for getting good job in the banking sector. If you are in 11th class then you should choose commerce and business subject as the main subjects. After completion of your 12th apply for the above mentioned graduation curses. After that you will definitely get a good job in the banking sectors. You have to appear in the various IBPS or oter banking exams for gettin the job.
1st March 2016, 09:44 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Before you step into Banking Sector, you are required to know all the details such as Eligibility Criteria, Age Criteria, Subjects to be studied in Graduation and more details. As part of the eligibility criteria, here are a few details regarding eligibility Criteria. To appear in any Banking based recruitment examination you are required to first meet its eligibility criteria. The basic educational qualification required to be eligible for stepping into Banking sector is "Graduation" or Bachelor Degree from a recognized university.

Note the sentence "Graduation in ANY DISCIPLINE" from a recognized university. As it is clearly mentioned that, Any discipline in Graduation - You can choose the stream you want in Graduation based on your Goals and Interests. Yes, there are many bachelor degree courses viz., B.E/ B.Tech, BCA, BBM, B.Com, B.A, B.Sc and BHM..So candidates from any of the preceding background are eligible to apply for Banking Examinations. As far as my knowledge is concerned, I suggest you to go with B.E/ B.Tech in Graduation which of course enhances your Reasoning and Quantitative Abilities which are required to get through in Banking Written Examination.
1st March 2016, 10:52 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

There are no such subjects to be chosen in graduation or at any level which will enable you to get into banking sector. However, if you take up commerce stream, you will be very much conscious about the general terms of banking terminologies.

Other than that there is no such advantage, you can even get into banking from any other streams as well. It only depends upon the level of practice and labor you apply for it.
1st March 2016, 10:54 PM
Ashfaquerockz
Senior Member+

No such subjects are there which will enable you to have a career in banking. You can have a good career in banking even having studied Arts at your +2 or graduation level. You just have to be passionate about it. You should prepare yourself for the examination being from any stream.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?