21st July 2015, 08:53 PM
Unregistered

Which subject i should choose in 11th for joining Indian Air Force?

21st July 2015, 10:08 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which subject i should choose in 11th for joining Indian Air Force?

To join in Indian Air Force, you can opt any course with Mathematics and Physics subjects in your 11th and 12th standard. To join in Indian Air Force, you need to appear in NDA examination after completion of your 12th standard from a recognised board. Eligibility criteria required to appear in NDA examination is mentioned below :-

1. Nationality :- Indian

2. Educational Qualification :- 12th pass with Mathematics and Physics subjects from a recognised board.

3. Age Limit :- 16 1/2 to 19 years

4. Gender :- Male

5. Martial Status :- Unmarried

6. Physical Standards :- Must be physically fit as per physical standards mentioned in the UPSC NDA examination notification.
22nd July 2015, 12:09 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
You can choose science stream in 12th standard to become a officer in Indian Air Force through NDA exam.

NDA stands for National Defence Service exam. NDA Examination is conducted for 3 wings-Indian Air Force, Indian Navy and Indian Army.

The candidate's who have completed the 12th standard from a recognized board or equivalent exam are eligible for NDA exam. Final year of 12th standard candidate are eligible for NDA exam.

Your age should be in between to 16.5 years to 19.5 years. There is no age relaxation for SC/ST candidates.
22nd July 2015, 12:45 AM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

To join Indian Air force you must opt for the Science stream with Mathematics, English, Physics and Chemistry as the main subjects for your higher secondary course from a recognized board of education.

Also once you complete your higher secondary degree with above educational qualification you are required to clear the NDA examination for joining Indian Air force for which the other eligibility criteria required are as following :-

* You must be an unmarried Indian male citizen.

* Your age must be within 16.5 years to 19 years.

* You must be physically and mentally tough as per the service requirement norms.

NDA stands for National Defense Academy and NDA examinations are held by Union Public Service Commission twice every year and are commonly known as NDA I & NDA II. Also the examination is held in two stages which are called as General Ability Test and Service Selection Board interview taken in mentioned order.

Also you will have the option of CDS examination for the same after your bachelor degree with science stream course with age lying within 19 years to 23 years.

For any other queries concerning to same examination you must log on to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
22nd July 2015, 10:20 AM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to join the Indian Air Force after the 10+2 educational qualification. The examination to join the any of the defense wing after the 10+2 is conducted by the UPSC as the NDA examination.

NDA stands for the National Defense Academy and the examination is conducted twice in a year. The eligiblity to appear for the entrance examination is :-

* Candidate must have passed the 10+2 from the recognised board.
* Candidate age must be between 16.5-19.5 years.
* Candidate must have Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics in the 10+2 board examination as the main subject.
* Candidate must be physically fit and only male candidates are eligible.

The application form for the examination is available in the month of January and the July and the examination are conducted in the month of April and the September.

The examination are conducted in the two stages as the Written and the SSB. The candidate need to qualify in both the stages for the final selection.

For more information visit at the www.upsc.gov.in.
22nd July 2015, 01:59 PM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

You can join Indian Air Force after 12th class through NDA examination.
To apply for NDA Exam for Indian Air Force you must have Physics and Mathematics subjects in 12th standard.

So, you should choose Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subject in order to join Indian Air Force after 12th.

Please find the attachment for NDA syllabus.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf NDA.pdf(105.8 KB, 13 views)
22nd July 2015, 03:45 PM
shrivastava_aman
Senior Member+++

If you want to join the Indian Airforce in a Technical Branch or a Flying branch then you should opt for the subject combination of Physics + Mathematics and go for Engineering in any stream. It would be much better if you go for Aeronautical Engineering, Electronics or Mechanical Engineering.
The subjects would help you to a great extent to fight the examinations.

If you are not interested in a technical branch then you can opt for any subject combination in 11th and you will have to join the IAF in administrative branch.
22nd July 2015, 04:24 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

You can select science stream in 10+1 which consists of subjects like Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.

The most suitable exam to enter into defense after 10+2 is the National Defense Academy. The eligibility criteria for NDA entrance exam is:

1. 10+2 passed or appearing from a recognized board.

2. Your age must be between 16.5-19.5 years.

3. You should be unmarried male Indian Citizen.

NDA/NA entrance exam is conducted by the UPSC two times every year. For any more information visit the official website www.upsc.gov.in.
22nd July 2015, 04:34 PM
Devdatta Divekar

For joining Indian Air force you should take science stream with the subjects : physics,chemistry,maths & English
22nd July 2015, 05:47 PM
Swetanandrocks
Junior Member+

Hello friend,

You should choose Physics and Mathematics as your major subjects, if you have to join the Indian Air force. You have to clear the NDA exam conducted by the UPSC. All Indian the age between 16.5 to 19 years can give the exam. There are also options after graduations, engineering and post graduation. Desicion should be based on the job profile interests you

Good luck
22nd July 2015, 06:11 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

You have to take physics and maths in 10+2 to become eligible for Indian Air Force through NDA examination. Age required for this exam is 16.5 to 19 years and only unmarried males are eligible for it.

Hence, take this stream and study well for this exam because performance is the only way you can become an officer in Indian Air Force.
22nd July 2015, 07:25 PM
Uthradhi
Senior Member+

To join in Indian Air Force, you need to crack the NDA examination, which is conducted by UPSC twice in a year for admission to Army wings, Navy wings and Air Force wings. Let's see the eligibility criteria to apply for this examination.

You should have completed intermediate with Physics and Mathematics from a recognized school or equivalent qualification. You must have attained the age of 16.5 years and must not have attained the age of 19 years. Unmarried male candidates are eligible to apply. Final year of 12th examination may also apply.

Coming to your query, you have to study physics and mathematics as mandatory subject at intermediate level. Without these subjects, you are not eligible to apply for Indian Air Force examination.
23rd July 2015, 01:23 AM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
The minimum qualification for applying for Indian Air Force which is known as one of the defence force is that candidate need to have completed +2 by which you can apply for writing entrance exams.

To apply for joining in Indian Air Force with a minimum qualification is completed +2 and in the case of doing that the subjects which you need to choose in 11th would be Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as subjects as per the needed qualification.

If you satisfy this then you can apply for the NDA exam conducted by UPSC for joining in Indian Air Force along with satisfying the other criteria's needed such as:
  • Nationality
  • Martial Status
  • Age limit
  • Physical Standard
If you satisfy them all then you can apply for the exam and the candidates would be selected in 2 stages:
  1. Written Test
  2. Interview
15th August 2015, 05:59 PM
DSP@1

Indian Air Force is one of the most reputed service in India.

There are many openings in Indian Air Force.

There are openings after 10+2 and openings after 12+ graduation.In the both the cases the stream you chose in 12th standard is considered mainly rather your graduation course.

To join in Indian Air Force one must have completed his/her 12th standard with main subjects as Mathematics and Physics.

So i suggest you to chose the group in which the both Mathematics and Physics are included like MPC.

Then only you will be eligible to join in Indian Air Force.
3rd September 2019, 09:53 PM
Unregistered

When we choose the commerce in 11th class then we can join the Indian air Force or not?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?