11th December 2015, 04:17 PM
Unregistered

Eligibility to apply in NET and SLET for B.E.(Computer Science Engineering) candidate?

Hi Sir,
Is B.E.(Computer Science Engineering) is eligible for NET & SLET? I want to apply for NET and SLET. I am eligible for applying? Please let me know asap.

14th December 2015, 07:58 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to apply in NET and SLET for B.E.(Computer Science Engineering) candidate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi Sir,
Is B.E.(Computer Science Engineering) is eligible for NET & SLET? I want to apply for NET and SLET. I am eligible for applying? Please let me know asap.
No, B.E in Computer Science student are not eligible for NET/SLET.

Those candidates who have completed masters degree from a recognized university are eligible for NET/SLET exam. General and OBC candidates should hold 55% and above marks in masters degree. For SC/ST candidate its 50% and above in masters degree.

Age criteria for NET/SLET exam:-

For JRF Post :-Your age should be below 28 years.

For Lectureship Post :-There is no age criteria.
14th December 2015, 10:23 AM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to apply in NET and SLET for B.E.(Computer Science Engineering) candidate?

Eligibility Criteria Required to Apply for NET or SLET Examination for B.Tech candidates:

No, I am sorry to say that B.Tech/ B.E candidates are not eligible to appear in National Eligibility Test. Yes, the minimum educational qualification required to be eligible for appearing in NET Examination is "Master's Degree" or a Post Graduate Degree from a recognized university. Candidates who have completed Master Degree with minimum 55% marks from a recognized university by UGC only are eligible to appear in NET Examination. Candidates who are appearing their final year of Master's Degree are also eligible to appear in NET and SLET Examination. I suggest you to do Master's Degree in order to be eligible for appearing in NET/ SLET Examination.

Click here to view required Eligibility Criteria
14th December 2015, 05:24 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

If you have got above 60% marks in B.Tech then you can apply for CSIR NET. You will be eligible for Engineering Sciences subject. For reserved category candidates there is 5% relaxation in marks.

Also, being a B.Tech graduate you will be only eligible for JRF. For lectureship you need to have post graduation qualification in your field.
19th May 2017, 05:30 AM
Unregistered

I have got 43% in BA and 62.50% in M.A. part 1. waiting for M.A part 2 result to come. Can you please tell me can I apply for Net SLET?

Please email me your reply on: [email protected]
13th June 2019, 11:35 AM
Unregistered

Hi sir, I had done m.e computer science , can i eligible for apply set or net exam to become a lecturer
3rd September 2019, 05:59 PM
Unregistered

I have completed M.E. Is it possible to apply slet/net?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?