8th May 2012, 01:12 AM
jbecky7

What career should I choose to join Air Force? Which subjects are offered

What career should I choose in joining the air force and the subject I must offer

Related Questions:
8th May 2012, 08:21 AM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What career should I choose to join Air Force? Which subjects are offered

First of all you must have chosen the science stream during 12th standard. Also you should have opted for both Physics and Maths in 12th standard. You have two options available to join Air Force. If your age is less than 19 years then you can appear for the NDA exam. If you are planning to join only after graduation then you can apply through UPSC scheme.
8th May 2012, 01:25 PM
venkataprakash.v
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What career should I choose to join Air Force? Which subjects are offered

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbecky7 View Post
What career should I choose in joining the air force and the subject I must offer
You have not mentioned your Qualification whenever asking question the candidate need to mention the qualification and then only we can provide the exact information about this examination .

If you are completed 10th examination then you have to choose Physics , Chemistry and Mathematics as compulsory subjects in your 12th examination then only you are eligible to apply for Air force examination OR if you are completed graduate degree with Physics and mathematics as subjects in 12th exam then you are eligible to apply for this examination through Combined Defence Service (CDS).

You can apply for this examination in two ways through UPSC examination :- 1)NDA for Intermediate candidates 2) CDS for graduate candidates .

NDA and CDS examinations is conducted by Union Public Service Commission twice in years .

NDA Qualification :-
---------------------

You should have a completed intermediate(12th) with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects or equivalent qualification from a recognized School and there is no percentage bar required for this examination and those who are appearing in the final year of intermediate may also eligible to apply for Air force examination .

Your age should have a minimum 16.5 years and 19 years and Unmarried male candidates are eligible to apply for this examination . There is no upper age limits for this examination .

NDA Notification was already announced , Last date for receipt of application :- 04 / 06 / 2012 . The examination will be conducted on 19 / 08 / 2012 .

Online Application :- www.upsconline.nic.in

CDS Qualification :-
--------------------

You should have a completed graduate degree with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects at 12th exam or engineering degree from a recognized University and there is no percentage bar required for this examination and those who are appearing in the final year of degree course may also eligible to apply for Air force examination .

Your age should have a minimum 19 years and 23 years and Unmarried male candidates are eligible to apply for this examination . There is no upper age limits for this examination .

Important dates for CDS II :-
----------------------------
  • Date of announcement :- 02.06.12
  • Last date for receipt of application :- 02.07.12
  • Date of examination :- 16.09.12

More details , Visit the official website :- www.upsc.gov.in
8th May 2012, 02:01 PM
romi_bal

To join Air-Force you have to appear for NDA & CDSE conducted by UPSC.

NDA:

Qualifications :
(i) For Army wing of National Defence Academy :- 12th Class pass of the 10+2 pattern of School Education or equivalent examination conducted by State Education Board or a University.
(ii) For Air Force and Naval Wings of National Defence Academy and for the 10+2 Cadet Entry Scheme at the Indian Naval

Academy :- 12th Class pass of the 10+2 pattern of School Education or equivalent with Physics and Mathematics conducted by a State Education Board or a University.

Age Limits, Sex and Marital Status : Only unmarried male candidates born not earlier than 2nd July, 1994 and not later than 1st January, 1997 are eligible.

CDSE:

Eligibility Criteria for Air force :-

The candidates should have a 19 years to 23 years and only unmarried male candidates are eligible.
Graduate or Engineering degree from any recognized university or equivalent qualification with Physics and Mathematics in 12th level.
Candidates who are appearing in the final year of degree course can also apply for this examination.

Exam Syllabus 2012 :

• English: The question paper will be designed to test the candidates’ understanding of English and workmanlike use of words.

• General Knowledge : General Knowledge including knowledge of current events and of such matters of everyday observation and experience in their scientific aspects. The paper will also include questions on History of India and Geography of a nature.
• Elementary Mathematics
• Arithmetic
• Algebra
• Trignometry
• Geometry
• Mensuration
• Statistics
• Intelligence & Personality Test
8th May 2012, 08:45 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

Indian Air Force can be joined through NDA and CDS as per the educational qualification.

NDA - NATIONAL DEFENCE ACADEMY exam conducted by UPSC twice every year for entry in to Indian Army, Navy and Air Force wing of NDA.

The candidate must be an unmarried Indian male having completed 12th with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics from a recognised Board within the age of 16.5 to 19 years.

CDS- COMBINED DEFENCE SERVICE exam conducted by UPSC twice every year for entry in to Indian Military Academy, Naval Academy, Air Force Academy and Officer's Training Academy of CDS.

The candidate must be an unmarried Indian male having completed Graduation Degree with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics from a recognised University within the age of 19 to 22 years.

So in order to join Indian Air Force you should chose Science subject that to Physics and Mathematics.
31st July 2012, 11:53 AM
Unregistered

my age is 19 years nd 5 months nd i have completedd my 12th with phsics , chem nd math with 70% marks how can i join indian air force ?
15th May 2013, 01:11 AM
Unregistered

I'm gradE 9 we are cho0sing 0ur subjects nOw * ...what subjects must I ch0ose if I wanna g0 in2 air fOrce and study there**???
16th May 2013, 12:46 PM
Unregistered

i am in class 10th now i an join 11 class what subject should be best
12th June 2013, 01:20 PM
amit8570861100
Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbecky7 View Post
the first and necessary thing is that you must have science stream in class 12th. Then from 12th prepare for the test of nda for both written and physical test. This exam is taken by upsc every year two times. This exam is under some rules and regulations.
1.the age must be 18 to 27 year . Relaxation in age for reserved category candidates.
2. Must be unmarried
3.must be an indian
4.no criminal case

thanku.
26th February 2014, 12:05 PM
Unregistered

which trade i have choose in b.tech to go in air force
19th April 2014, 04:01 PM
Unregistered

Which course is available in science stream after HSC ?and how get our aim for MBBS for gynacologist doctor
8th June 2014, 02:17 PM
ruslaan

I have passed 10 and i want to join airforce so which subject i should choose and what are different fields hn airforce
13th July 2014, 01:38 PM
Unregistered

If i am a girl can i become a pilot of a fighter plane of indian air force ?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?