23rd April 2016, 11:29 PM
Unregistered

What is the procedure I need to follow after graduation to become an income tax officer?

Hi Sir/Mam,

I am b.com final year student yet to complete my graduation. my exams is in April-may. i want to become an income tax officer. so kindly let me know the procedure to follow after my graduation. urgent. thank you. Looking forward for your suggestions.

24th April 2016, 12:18 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the procedure I need to follow after graduation to become an income tax officer?

If, you want to join Indian Revenue Service, you have to appear for Civil Services examination conducted by UPSC.

Candidates after appearing have also to qualify in all the stages of examination for final selection. The eligibility to appear for examination is :-

Candidate's must have passed bachelor degree or pursuing in final year.

The age limit to appear for examination is 21-32 years with relaxation of 3 year and 5 years in upper age limit to appear for examination for OBC and SC/ST.

So, you can appear for examination. The application form for examination will be available from this week. To get information in details about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
24th April 2016, 04:45 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the procedure I need to follow after graduation to become an income tax officer?

In order to become an Income Tax Officer you need to have completed your graduation and after that you will have to appear for SSC examination conducted every year.

Your age however should be in between 18 and 27 years.
24th April 2016, 09:31 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Generally, recruitment for the post of Income Tax Officer is made by the Staff Selection Commission (SSC) every year.

So, you need to appear and clear the exam conducted by SSC for this purpose.

Eligibility criteria required for the Income Tax Officer are as under:-

-The candidate must possess Bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university.

-The candidate age limit should be in between 18 years to 27 years.There is relaxation in upper age limit for for OBC candidates by 3 years and 5 years for SC/ST candidates.

Selection process involves of three stages :

Stage 1: Written Objective type Examination (Tier 1)

Stage 2 : Written Objective type Examination (Tier 2)

Stage 3 : Personality test/Interview .

To get more details,you can visit the official website of SSC : www.ssconline.nic.in
24th April 2016, 10:53 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

To become Income Tax Officer you have to qualify the Combined Graduation Level Examination that is conducted by staff service commission every year.
A candidate must have passed graduation in any discipline from recognised University to appear in this examination. Age limit should be in between 18 to 28 years and relaxation in upper age limit is given to reserved categories. Candidate must have citizenship of India.
24th April 2016, 11:50 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi Sir/Mam,

I am b.com final year student yet to complete my graduation. my exams is in April-may. i want to become an income tax officer. so kindly let me know the procedure to follow after my graduation. urgent. thank you. Looking forward for your suggestions.
It is nice to see that you are interested to become a Income Tax Office. You can't directly become a Income Tax Office. First you need to appear and qualify in the entrance exam for Income Tax Inspector or Tax Assistant. You can get promotion once after getting Income Tax Department as Income Tax Inspector or Tax Assistant job.

You are required appear and qualify the entrance exam conducted by Combined Graduate Level examination in order to get Income Tax Inspector or Tax Assistant job.

Eligibility Criteria:

- Applicants who want to appear for the Combined Graduate Level examination should complete their Bachelor degree in any discipline from a recognized university.

- The applicant age should be in between 18 years to 27 years and upper age relaxation will be given to reserved category students.
25th April 2016, 03:27 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

To become an Income Tax Officer, you just need to complete your Graduation degree first. After completing Graduation you have to appear in the SSC examination which is conducted every year. Qualify in the examination to become an Income Tax Officer.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?