16th February 2016, 06:21 PM
Unregistered

What is required to pursue B.Sc. course in Mass Communication?

I have completed my 12th standard with 76% marks in aggregate. Now i am looking forward to study B.Sc. course in Mass Communication. I want to know what is required to study the course?

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible to pursue masters in mass communication after completion of degree in English honors?
  2. What is required to pursue B.Sc. course in Mass Communication?
  3. Can I pursue special honours in journalism and mass communication in Calcutta university after graduation?
  4. Can I pursue Mass Communication after completing BA Honors? What is the fee structure for Mass Communication?
  5. Can i do MCS after B.A?
  6. Can I pursue Mass Communication after completing class 12th Science stream? -- [New]
  7. Qualification required to be a Journalist?
  8. Can i make career in Mass Communication after studying 12th with humanities?
  9. Is Jounalism a good job profile for females after studying B.Com?
  10. Is it necessary to pursue B.A in Mass Communication after 12th to do BJMC and MJMC?
  11. Which colleges under Delhi University offer Mass communication course? Which are the entrance exams for Mass communication course?
  12. Is it beneficial to study B.Com with Mass Communication if secured 81% in 12th?
  13. Can I pursue MA in Mass communication after completing BA? Other courses available after BA
  14. Is it good to pursue mass communication after completion of engineering graduation course?
  15. What to do after 12th standard to become a Journalist? -- [Most Discussed]
  16. Which course should I do after B.Com. for a career in the field of Mass Communication?
  17. List of undergraduate courses available in Mass Communication in Delhi, Ranchi, Kolkata and Banaras Universities?
  18. Is it compulsory to do graduation in mass communication to be eligible for applying masers in mass communication?
28th January 2017, 12:02 AM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is required to pursue B.Sc. course in Mass Communication?

It is very good that you want to pursue B.Sc in Mass Communication after the completion of class 12th.
Candidates those who have completed their class 12th from a recognised Board with a minimum of 50% of marks in it are eligible to opt for the B.Sc course in Mass Communication.
31st January 2017, 06:36 AM
Sameerthapar123

Default Re: What is required to pursue B.Sc. course in Mass Communication?

Although all colleges/universities have different syllabus for the same course, the topics overall covered are more or less the same if you are pursuing the same degree.
Before telling you what all is needed to be studied to undertake this course, I must tell you that the minimum eligibility criteria for taking admission in BSc Mass Communications is that you must have a minimum of 55% in 12th standard and must have passed(or about to pass) from a recognized university.

The topics that you will mainly be learning would be as follows:
1. Languages - just briefly in your 1st year
2. Social Sciences - like Civics etc. also briefly
Your core subjects or important subjects will start from your second year.
3. Mass Communication
4. Presentation skills
5. Communication skills
6. Soft skills
7. News writing
8. Public Speaking
9. Advertising etc.
There are some other topics that you will be studying but not as much in depth as the aforementioned topics.

Thus, if you want to prepare for this course from before, I would suggest start improving your speaking, writing and reading skills.
Practice giving speeches in your own room, read newspapers and keep yourself updated with the latest happenings(not just in India but the world).
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?