11th March 2016, 07:07 AM
Unregistered

What is required to pursue BA in Economics in Delhi University?

I am in class 12th right now and i am studying in commerce stream (without maths). I want to do graduation in economics in Delhi University. So tell me what is required for studying BA there?

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible to do graduation in Economics from Delhi University after completion of 12th commerce?
  2. Can I pursue M.A Economics from JNU? I am doing B.A program from Delhi University
  3. How to pursue MBA if I am an economics graduate from Delhi University
  4. Syllabus of Delhi University M.A.(Economics) entrance exam.
  5. What should I choose among B.A.(Economics) and Bachelor of Management Studies to study M.A. in Economics?
  6. How can I register for B.A Economics?
  7. Which one should I prefer among B.A.(Economics) and Bachelor of Management Studies for study M.A.(Economics)?
  8. What are the requirements and cutoffs required to do economics honors in Delhi University? -- [Most Discussed]
  9. Which colleges under Delhi university offer admission in economics major without mathematics?
  10. Is Mathematics compulsory to be in best of 4 subjects to study Economics Honours in Delhi University?
  11. Top 10 colleges under DU which offers B.A. in Economics?
  12. Eligibility to study Economics Honours in Delhi University for 12th PCM with Economics candidate? Best of 4 subjects considerable for admission?
  13. Am I eligible to apply for M.A.(Economics) in Delhi School of Economics if pursuing B.A. General with Economics from Allahabad University?
  14. Is economics required in school to do economics honors in Delhi University?
  15. Best colleges offering M.A Economic course in India
  16. Can I do MA Economics after technical graduation? Will it be okay to insult my engineering course and pursue Economics course?
  17. How much percentage is required to take admission in Delhi for economics
  18. Delhi University offers B.Com with Business Economics course to 12th ISC candidate?
11th March 2016, 08:42 AM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is required to pursue BA in Economics in Delhi University?

Eligibility Criteria Required to pursue BA in Economics Course in Delhi University:

The basic eligibility criteria for pursuing this B.A in Economics course is as follows.

>> Candidates must have passed Senior Secondary School Examination in 10+2 pattern of CBSE or any other examination considered equivalent by the University of Delhi.

>> Candidates must have secured an aggregate of minimum 60% marks in his/ here 12th Class Exam (55% for SC, ST, CW and PC Categories) in four papers including Mathematics and English.

>> There are a total of 6 semesters in B.A course.
11th March 2016, 11:44 AM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Delhi university is one of India's best university and admission in the colleges of university is on the basis of aggregate in 10+2.

The essential requirement to get admission in Commerce or Economics course is candidate must have mathematics as main paper in 10+2.

So, if you do not have mathematics as main paper you are not eligible to get admission. For more information about DU visit at www.du.ac.in.
11th March 2016, 01:07 PM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

B.A. Economics or Bachelor of Arts in Economics is a under graduate Economics degree course.

Eligibility :
  • Candidate must have passed 12th from any recognised board.
  • Candidate must have secured at least 50% marks in 12th to get admission in some good college.
  • Course duration is 3 years.
  • Most of the school give admission on the basis of student's aggregate in 12th class.
11th March 2016, 02:24 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am in class 12th right now and i am studying in commerce stream (without maths). I want to do graduation in economics in Delhi University. So tell me what is required for studying BA there?
If you have completed 12th standard with above 75% from a recognized university with Economics subject then you are eligible B.A in Economics in Delhi University.

You age should be above 16 years.
11th March 2016, 07:40 PM
Ashfaquerockz
Senior Member+

You should have scored really well in your +2 examinations in order to get admission in the above mentioned course from DU. There is no such other criteria needed to be fulfilled in order to get admission but just your 12th marks.
11th March 2016, 07:46 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Students from Commerce background(without maths) can also pursue B.A.(Economics) from DU, provided that they should have studied Economics/ Economic Geography, as one of their main subjects at their +2 level of education.

You should also have scored really will in your board examinations as getting admission in DU is not a matter of joke.
11th March 2016, 08:56 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

You must have very good marks in class 12th board exams if you want to get admission in a reputed university like Delhi University for a regular B.A degree course.

The cut off for admission in B.A Economics has been above 90% most of the time in DU. Therefore, only good marks can help you.
11th March 2016, 09:11 PM
Prince8645
Senior Member+

No, candidates without having mathematics as main paper in 10+2 board examination ar not eligible to get admission in Economics honors course.

As per Delhi university admission notification candidates passed 10+2 with minimum 45% aggregate in 10+2 and have mathematics as main paper in 10+2 are eligible to get admission in Economics honors.

For any other query regarding the admission visit at http://www.du.ac.in
11th March 2016, 10:17 PM
rrooxx

Yes you are eligible to pursue BA in Economics in Delhi University.

The Eligibility Criteria required for B.A. Economics Hons in Delhi University is----->

-Passed class 12th with any discipline from recognised Board with minimum 60% marks.

-The Delhi University conducts JAT Entrance Exam for admission in B.A. Economics Hons. Program.
11th March 2016, 10:30 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

For getting admission in undergraduate course in Delhi University in Economics stream, a candidate must have studied Mathematics at 10+2 level.

You can not get admission in any college like SRCC, Ramjas College, Hindu college etc of Delhi University without mathematics in 10+2 standard. You may get admission in this course in some other university but not possible in Delhi University.
11th March 2016, 10:42 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Delhi University is considered to be one of the best university in India for various undergraduate courses in different disciplines. For admission in Delhi university for Economics Honours, any candidate is required to have completed 10+2 from a recognized board. Second important point for admission in Economics Honours in Delhi University is mathematics must be there in 10+2.

No candidate can get admission in Delhi University without having mathematics in 10+2. So, you can not get admission in Delhi University without mathematics.
11th March 2016, 11:17 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

For admission in Economics Honours in Delhi University, a candidate must meet following criteria:

*He/she must have passed 12th from a recognized board. You must have good percentage of marks to get admission in good colleges of Delhi University.

*Mathematics is compulsory subject in 12th for admission in this course in Delhi University.

Without mathematics in 12th, you can not get admission in Delhi University.
11th March 2016, 11:50 PM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
The candidate should have scored over 60% marks in the 12th standard in four papers including English and Mathematics is eligible for the course. If you have not studied mathematics in your 12th standard then you are not eligible for the course. There will be a joint entrance examination for the course. The entrance test is an objective type, multiple choice tests; you have attempt 120 questions in 120 minutes. The final selection shall be based on the marks scored in entrance and 12th standard. The website link is
Click here
10th August 2017, 06:27 PM
Unregistered

If maths is optional subject in class 12 can I take economics as honours subject in delhi university?
13th August 2018, 12:02 AM
Unregistered

My High School doesn't have Mathematics as a Subject! Can I go for entrance exam for Economics honours without taking Mathematics in 12th????
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?