24th November 2012, 02:13 PM
vinikaj

How to pursue MBA if I am an economics graduate from Delhi University

Hi,

I am an economics(H) graduate from Delhi university. I plan to pursue MBA and want to aim for the top colleges. My query is that except for CAT percentile, what other factors play a significant role to convert a call. What is d importance of graduation marks and work experience?

Regards
vinika

Related Questions:
  1. Which colleges under Delhi university offer admission in economics major without mathematics?
  2. Can I pursue M.A Economics from JNU? I am doing B.A program from Delhi University
  3. Am I allowed to pursue MBA and MSc in Economics through distance course simultaneously? Am I allowed to do both the degree from the same university?
  4. Eligibility to study B.Ed from Delhi University for MBA correspondence student?
  5. Which course is best for commerce student in future?
  6. How can I register for B.A Economics?
  7. Universities/colleges having Actuarial Science courses in India? How to make a career in Actuarial Science being an economics graduate? -- [Most Discussed]
  8. Where should I pursue MA in Economics being an MBBS Graduate? Will I be eligible for UGC NET Exam in Lectureship?
  9. List of institutes which offers Master of Economics through Distance Education for MBA(Finance) candidate?
  10. Colleges offering correspondence Master's degree in Economics under Gujarat University? -- [New]
  11. Can I pursue MBA in finance from regular university after doing B.Com final year from Delhi university
  12. How to pursue MBA privately after securing 46% in B.A Economics? Where can I apply for 2 years degree course?
  13. What should i do after B.A economics honors between M.A Economics and MBA?
  14. How to pursue LLB from Mumbai after graduating with 33% from delhi University? What is the fee structure?
  15. What is the best option between Statistics Hons and economics Hons? Which is the best college under Delhi University and Economics?
  16. Career opportunities and future prospective for Economics honor student from DU? Which is more preferable, either to go for PG abroad or do MBA from India?
  17. What kind of job opportunities are there after graduation? I am a fresh graduate in economics from Delhi University
  18. Top 10 colleges under DU which offers B.A. in Economics?
26th November 2012, 01:56 PM
nitz90
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: How to pursue MBA if I am an economics graduate from Delhi University

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinikaj View Post
Hi,

I am an economics(H) graduate from Delhi university. I plan to pursue MBA and want to aim for the top colleges. My query is that except for CAT percentile, what other factors play a significant role to convert a call. What is d importance of graduation marks and work experience?

Regards
vinika

How To Pursue MBA After Graduation

In order to appear for any MBA Entrance Exam..you need to fulfill the following criterion :-

>> The candidate must be either in the final year of graduation or must have already cleared his/her graduation..

>> The candidate must also have secured a minimum of 50% in graduation..

First stage is the CAT online exam which you need to clear with a very good percentile in order to get a call from the top colleges..

Be it any prominent B-School..all are followed by :-

>> Group Discussions
>> Personal Interview

Candidates who have appeared for the GD and PI say that scoring a good percentile in CAT is just a cake walk as compared to clearing GD and PI..

They really grind you to the core as they have to choose the best out of the best..

You need to be very thorough in your area of interests..be it studies, hoobies or anything else..

They will mainly check your level of confidence..

Once you get a call..the factors that decide whether your call is going to get converted or not are :-

>> 10th percentage
>> 12th percentage
>> Graduation percentage
>> Work Experience
>> CAT Percentile

Work experience of 2 years is considered to be the best whereas a work experience of 5 years or more is considered to be a negative factor for you..

Different B-Schools value these factors differently..

For instance, IIM Bangalore is very particular in having candidates with good overall background and good scores in 10th,12th, graduation and with work experience whereas other IIMs don't consider these things to be so important..

In case you want to check the different selection criterion of different IIMs then you can Click Here and visit the various IIM websites..

all the best..

With Warm Regards
Nitz
24th April 2014, 03:13 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: How to pursue MBA if I am an economics graduate from Delhi University

iam ba ecomics in degree my pursue any better computer course or mbbs what i do
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?