22nd December 2017, 12:26 AM
Unregistered

What should I do if IGNOU centre near me doesn't have B.Sc Zoology available?

I want to take admission in B.Sc zoology, but IGNOU centre near me is not offering this course. They only have B.Sc biology. What should I do? Even I'm not understanding the subject combination of IGNOU.

22nd December 2017, 06:59 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What should I do if IGNOU centre near me doesn't have B.Sc Zoology available?

IGNOU doesn't offer B.Sc zoology because it is an open university. You can only study theory based courses from IGNOU, which doesn't require any practical classes.

B.Sc zoology is a regular course, which needs regular theory and practical classes to be attended. Hence, if you are looking for this course, then it will be better to join a regular course.
23rd December 2017, 12:06 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What should I do if IGNOU centre near me doesn't have B.Sc Zoology available?

It is not a big deal that IGNOU is not offering the said combination of subjects which you want to opt for B.Sc Zoology course.
If you want to pursue the above mentioned degree course, then you can also apply in some other Universities through regular mode of Education.
Candidates those who have completed their class 12th in Science stream studying Physics, Chemistry and Biology as a subject combination from a recognized Board scoring a minimum of 50% of marks in it are eligible to apply for the B.Sc in Zoology at respective Universities.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?