29th July 2015, 10:42 PM
Unregistered

What will be the age limit for Unreserved Category(for males) in NET and SLET Exam?

Dear Madam or Sir,
I have completed my graduation in the year of 2009. My subjects in graduation were English Literature and History. In the proceeding year I'll appear for M.A. first year. Will I be able to appear in The Exam of NET and SLET, once I complete my post graduation in 2016. As my date of birth is feb 10, 1986.

31st July 2015, 01:36 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What will be the age limit for Unreserved Category(for males) in NET and SLET Exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Dear Madam or Sir,
I have completed my graduation in the year of 2009. My subjects in graduation were English Literature and History. In the proceeding year I'll appear for M.A. first year. Will I be able to appear in The Exam of NET and SLET, once I complete my post graduation in 2016. As my date of birth is feb 10, 1986.
The educational qualification required for NET/SLET exam is masters degree from a recognized university with above 55% marks. 5% relaxation is given for SC/ST category candidates. Final year student are also eligible for NET/SLET exam.

There is no age criteria for NET/SLET exam but for JRF posts, your age should be below 28 years.
31st July 2015, 02:21 AM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What will be the age limit for Unreserved Category(for males) in NET and SLET Exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Dear Madam or Sir,
There is no such age limit required for Lectureship. However, your age should be not more than 28 years to be eligible for JRF (Junior Research Fellowship). The entrance exam is basically conducted for candidates who aspire to become a lecturer. For applying for this entrance exam the candidate should be a Master Degree holder. Those candidates who are waiting for Master Degree results can also apply. A minimum of 55% at the post graduation level is a must.

Official website -www.ugc.ac.in
31st July 2015, 10:26 AM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

Age limit for Unreserved Category(for males) in NET and SLET Exam :

For Junior Research fellowship :- Age of candidate must be more than 28 years. Also there is 5 year relaxation provided for SC/ST/OBC candidates.

For Lectureship :- There is no upper age limit for Lectureship exam.
31st July 2015, 04:44 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Yes,you will be eligible to apply for NET/SLET 2016 for lectureship only as there is no upper age limit required to apply for it . But,for JRF,you have crossed the maximum age limit to apply .

The eligibility criteria for NET/SLET exam are as under:-

-The candidate must be an Indian.

-The candidate should have completed Masters degree in related subjects with minimum 55% of marks.Final year appearing student can also apply for the exam.

-The candidates appearing for JRF(Junior Research Fellowship) should not be above 28 years of age. The candidates appearing only for lectureship have no upper age limit. Age relaxation of 5 years will be given to SC/ST/OBC or physically disabled or women or visually handicapped.

-Relaxation in age is also applicable for the candidates having research experience, limited to the period spent on research in the relevant/related subject of post-graduation degree upto a maximum of 5 years, on the condition they produce a certificate for that from appropriate authority.

-The candidates pursuing L.L.M. Degree are also eligible for three years’ relaxation in upper age limit for JRF.

The selection process involves of

* Written exam , and

* Interview .
31st July 2015, 05:47 PM
ArunavaBasu
Senior Member++++

I am sorry to say this but you will not be able to appear for the NET Examination in 2016.
The age limit for the NET Examination is 21-28 years.
You will be 30 years of age in 2016 so you will not be eligible to appear in the NET Examination.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?