28th July 2015, 02:00 AM
Unregistered

What will be the age limit for Unreserved Category(for males) in NET and SLET Exam?

Dear Madam or Sir,
I have completed my graduation in the year of 2009. My subjects in graduation were English Literature and History. In the proceeding year I'll appear for M.A. first year. Will I be able to appear in The Exam of NET and SLET, once I complete my post graduation in 2016. As my date of birth is feb 10, 1986.

30th July 2015, 12:12 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What will be the age limit for Unreserved Category(for males) in NET and SLET Exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Dear Madam or Sir,
I have completed my graduation in the year of 2009. My subjects in graduation were English Literature and History. In the proceeding year I'll appear for M.A. first year. Will I be able to appear in The Exam of NET and SLET, once I complete my post graduation in 2016. As my date of birth is feb 10, 1986.
When you are in final year of your masters degree, you can apply for NET/SLET exam.

NET exam is conducted for JRF and LS post.

SLET exam is conducted for LS post.

Those candidates who have completed masters degree from a recognized university are eligible for NET/SLET exam. General and OBC candidates should hold 55% and above marks in masters degree. For SC/ST candidate its 50% and above in masters degree.

Age criteria for NET/SLET exam:-

For JRF Post :-Your age should be below 28 years.

For Lectureship Post :-There is no age criteria.
30th July 2015, 12:43 PM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What will be the age limit for Unreserved Category(for males) in NET and SLET Exam?

Age limit for Unreserved Category in NET and SLET exams is 28 years.
Age relaxation is also there for reserved category candidates.

As your age is 29 years, so you are not eligible for NET and SLET exams.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?