26th April 2011, 03:14 PM
Unregistered

Age-limit for SLET exam in Tamil Nadu?

Dear Sir,
what is the age limit for SLET exam in Tamil Nadu?

Please give the details asap

26th April 2011, 03:59 PM
anujjain2303

Default Re: Age-limit for SLET exam in Tamil Nadu?

State Level Eligibility Test in Tamil Nadu
Coimbatore (Tamil Nadu)

Bharathiar University holds State Level Eligibility Test (SLET) for recruitment of Lecturers in Universities and Colleges in Tamil Nadu

Eligibility:

(i) Only those candidates who have completed/ are pursuing a UGC specified PG degree are eligible to appear in SLET.

(ii) Candidates who have secured at least 55% marks (without grace or rounding off) in Master's Degree (or) equivalent examination are eligible (50% for candidates belonging to SCs/STs/PH/Blind categories)

(iii) Candidates who have appeared (or) would be appearing at the qualifying examination may also apply

(iv) Ph.D. degree holder whose Master's level examination was com*pleted by Sept. 19,1991 are eligible for relaxation of 5% of marks from 55% to 50% to appear in SLET

Candidates have to appear in the subject of their Postgraduation only. However, those candidates, whose Postgraduation subject is not covered in the list of subjects may appear in a related subject

Exemptions from appearing in the NET examination are allowed for certain categories of candidates

Scheme of the Test:

Paper - I carrying a total of 100 marks, is primarily designed to test reasoning ability, comprehension and divergent thinking

Paper - II carrying a total of 100 marks, consists of short questions on the subject selected by the candidates. These two papers each consist of a Test booklet containing 50 objective type questions

Paper - III carries a total of 200 Marks, and consists of only descriptive questions from the syllabus of the subject selected by the candidates

Subjects:

Life Sciences, Chemical Sciences, Commerce, Computer Science & Application, Economics, Education, Electronics, English, Geography, Earth, Atmospheric, Ocean and Planetary Sciences, Hindi, History, Home Science, Journalism & Mass Communication, Law, Library & Information Sciences, Management, Mathematical Sciences, M sic, Philosophy, Physical Education, Physical Sciences, Political Science, Psychology, Public Administration, Social Work, Sociology, Tamil
Age: There is no upper age limit for appearing at the SLET
Whom to contact: Prescribed application form along with information booklet and a set of syllabus in the subject/ discipline identified by the candidate can be had from following:

(i) Office of the West Bengal College Service Commission, 6, Bhawani Dutta Lane (4th floor), Kolkatta 700073

(ii) Office of the Development Officer, North Bengal University,Siliguri, Darjeeling 734430

(iii) Office of the Tripura Public Service Commission,
Agartala 799001
on payment of requisite charges.
26th April 2011, 04:23 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Hello friend,
There is no age limit to appear for the SLET.
If you hold a masters degree with a minimum of 55%, you are eligible for the exam.
If you belong to SC/ST category, you are eligible with 50% marks.
For further information, you may refer to the official website of UGC.
26th April 2011, 04:40 PM

The maximum age for SLET exam in Tamil Nadu is 35 years.

More details i have mentioned below regarding this.

Condition of eligibility: Only those candidates who have completed/ are pursuing a UGC specified degree. Candidates who have secured at least 55% marks (without grace or rounding off) in Master’s Degree (or) equivalent examinations are eligible for this test. The scheduled Caste (SC)/ Scheduled Tribes (ST)/ physically Handicapped (PH)/ Blind (BL) category candidates who have secured at least 50% marks (without grace or rounding off) in Master’s degree examination are eligible for this Examination. The Ph. D. degree holders whose Master’s level examination had been completed by 19th September 1991 (irrespective of date of declaration of result) shall be eligible for relaxation of 5% of marks from 55% to 50% to appear in SLET Examination. Candidates have to appear for SLET in the Subject or their Post Graduation only. Exemption: For M. Phil. / Ph. D. Candidates: NET/ SLET Shall remain the compulsory requirement for appointment as Lecturer even for candidates having Ph. D. degree. However the candidates who have passed their M. Phil. degree by 31st December 1993 or have submitted their Ph. D. thesis to a University on or before 31st December 2002 are exempted from appearing in the NET/ SLET Examination. In case such candidates failing to obtain Ph D. degree, they shall have to pass the NET/SLET examination. The candidates who have passed the UGC/CSIR JRF examination prior to 1989 are also exempted from appearing in the SLET Examination.
26th April 2011, 06:36 PM
miiky

Candidate must be not more than 28th years. Up to 5years relaxation for (SC,ST,OBC) categories.
26th April 2011, 09:14 PM
Deep Upadhyay

Thumbs up Re: Age-limit for SLET exam in Tamil Nadu?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Dear Sir,

Hello friend,
There is no age boundation for SLET Tamil Nadu.
I am sending you the eligibility detail for SLET Tamilnadu.

Eligibility:
(i) Only those candidates who have completed/ are pursuing a UGC specified PG degree are eligible to appear in SLET.

(ii) Candidates who have secured at least 55% marks (without grace or rounding off) in Master's Degree (or) equivalent examination are eligible (50% for candidates belonging to SCs/STs/PH/Blind categories)

(iii) Candidates who have appeared (or) would be appearing at the qualifying examination may also apply

(iv) Ph.D. degree holder whose Master's level examination was com*pleted by Sept. 19,1991 are eligible for relaxation of 5% of marks from 55% to 50% to appear in SLET

Candidates have to appear in the subject of their Postgraduation only. However, those candidates, whose Postgraduation subject is not covered in the list of subjects may appear in a related subject

Exemptions from appearing in the NET examination are allowed for certain categories of candidates

Other useful informations are-

Scheme of the Test:
Paper - I carrying a total of 100 marks, is primarily designed to test reasoning ability, comprehension and divergent thinking

Paper - II carrying a total of 100 marks, consists of short questions on the subject selected by the candidates. These two papers each consist of a Test booklet containing 50 objective type questions

Paper - III carries a total of 200 Marks, and consists of only descriptive questions from the syllabus of the subject selected by the candidates

Subjects:
Life Sciences, Chemical Sciences, Commerce, Computer Science & Application, Economics, Education, Electronics, English, Geography, Earth, Atmospheric, Ocean and Planetary Sciences, Hindi, History, Home Science, Journalism & Mass Communication, Law, Library & Information Sciences, Management, Mathematical Sciences, M sic, Philosophy, Physical Education, Physical Sciences, Political Science, Psychology, Public Administration, Social Work, Sociology, Tamil.
26th April 2011, 09:15 PM
venkatgct

Quote:
Dear Sir,

dear friend,
the details are as below:
State Level Eligibility Test in Tamil Nadu

Coimbatore (Tamil Nadu)

Bharathiar University holds State Level Eligibility Test (SLET) for recruitment of Lecturers in Universities and Colleges in Tamil Nadu

Eligibility:

Scheme of the Test:

Subjects:
Life Sciences, Chemical Sciences, Commerce, Computer Science & Application, Economics, Education, Electronics, English, Geography, Earth, Atmospheric, Ocean and Planetary Sciences, Hindi, History, Home Science, Journalism & Mass Communication, Law, Library & Information Sciences, Management, Mathematical Sciences, M sic, Philosophy, Physical Education, Physical Sciences, Political Science, Psychology, Public Administration, Social Work, Sociology, Tamil

There is no upper age limit for appearing at the SET. However, for the purpose of recruitment concerned Government order will apply.
26th April 2011, 11:40 PM
babydoll

Hello friend,
As per the norm the age limit for the SLET exam in Tamil Nadu will be 21-30 years. There are 5% relaxation for the SC/ST candidates.
The educational qualification must be graduation with minimum of 50% marks from any recognized university.
26th April 2011, 11:55 PM
bhavna04
Senior Member+

SLET exam is actually the state level test for lectureship.

There is no upper age limit only the educational ability and the educational ablility is that one should have the master degree in respective subject.
27th April 2011, 12:36 AM
Mayank Shekhar

Dear,
There is no age limitation for this examination.

The ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA is as follows:-

(iii) Candidates who have appeared (or) would be appearing at the qualifying examination may also apply .

Thanks.
27th April 2011, 02:56 AM
kanchanyadav
Senior Member+

Hi,

There is no upper age limit for appearing at the SLET.

If you belongs to general category and hold a masters degree with a minimum of 55%, you are eligible for the exam.

If you belong to SC/ST category, you are eligible if you have minimum of 50% marks.

For further information please visit official website.

Allt he best....
24th May 2011, 04:05 PM
Unregistered

WHEN THE SLET APPLICATION FORM ISSUED
24th May 2011, 09:02 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Dear Sir,

no age limit
4th June 2011, 08:59 PM
Unregistered

do you accept tamil pandit teacher
11th July 2011, 11:30 PM
Unregistered

syllabus for slet exam (economics) in tamil nadu
14th July 2011, 08:20 PM
Unregistered

Government colleges of B.ed upper age limit, Iam qualification M.com., D.co.op, P.G.D.C.A.,
23rd July 2011, 05:24 PM
Unregistered

I hold a Master Degree in Hindi - M.A. in Hindi from Mysore University and I am 41 years old, school teacher. Am I eligible to apply for SLET examination for Hindi Language? What is the timeline for the current year 2011 applications?
6th August 2011, 01:15 PM
Unregistered

I have completed B.Sc (botany) and M.A., MPhil (Tamil) am i eligible for SLET examination? please give suggestion.
27th September 2011, 06:40 PM
Unregistered

please inform the date of slet 2011
29th September 2011, 08:11 PM
Unregistered

im goning to write my m.sc computer science 3rd semester on nov 12th.....am i eligible for slet?please reply.....
20th October 2011, 12:29 PM
N.KALPANA DEVI

sir when application issued
23rd December 2011, 01:25 PM
Unregistered

when is SLET exam. what is the syallbus and eligibility for the exam
2nd January 2012, 01:28 PM
Unregistered

difference between slet and net?
salary for lecturers?
23rd January 2012, 09:14 PM
Unregistered

EXAM DATE FOR SLET EXAM 2012 IN TAMILNADU
26th January 2012, 09:48 AM
rajasuji

Sir/Madam,
I have completed M.Sc(IT)
I want some information about SLET exam in Coimbatore (Tamil Nadu).
I need SLET exam syllabus for computer science, SLET exam date, Application form details, date of exam, Model questions and other SLET exam notifications. I want these details immediately. please send the details in my email id for [email protected]. Plz help me.
28th January 2012, 10:44 PM
Rapchik007

As per the norm the age limit for the SLET exam in Tamil Nadu will be 21-30 years. There are 5% relaxation for the SC/ST candidates.
The educational qualification must be graduation with minimum of 50% marks from any recognized university.
4th February 2012, 11:29 PM
Unregistered

When will be the results of Tamil Nadu SLET 2011 announced?
10th February 2012, 06:35 PM
Unregistered

I am doing my final semester ( M.E communication systems) and also i got placed in TCS....I am interested in teaching .. whether it is possible for me to write SLET or NET after two years ...
11th March 2012, 05:19 PM
Unregistered

I completed my M.sc & M.Phil in Maths 2010, am I eligible to write SLET 2012 exam
14th March 2012, 05:51 PM
chandrashekara jk

when exam conducted
28th March 2012, 05:11 PM
Unregistered

i had completed mca from ignou. can i attend SLET exam
28th March 2012, 05:21 PM
a.subai

i had completed ignou mca. can i apply slet exam
15th May 2012, 02:12 AM
Unregistered

sir i am 35 yeara old and i had completed Msc 50% can i apply set please inform me
16th May 2012, 12:10 AM
Unregistered

hello sir,

i am in need of details regarding SLET.(Exam date,syllabus (for physics)).whether any books are available
separately?

thanku .
26th May 2012, 01:56 PM
Unregistered

what about the SLET examninatin notification for 2012 ?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?