29th July 2015, 11:38 PM
Unregistered

What is the age limit for NET and SLET exam for Unreserved Category(for males)?

Dear Madam or Sir,
I have completed my graduation in the year of 2009. My subjects in graduation were English Literature and History. In the proceeding year I'll appear for M.A. first year. Will I be able to appear in The Exam of NET and SLET, once I complete my post graduation in 2016? As my date of birth is feb 10, 1986.
Thanks in advance for your kind response.
Thanks and Regards
Dhirendra Singh
July 07, 2015

31st July 2015, 12:56 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the age limit for NET and SLET exam for Unreserved Category(for males)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Dear Madam or Sir,
I have completed my graduation in the year of 2009. My subjects in graduation were English Literature and History. In the proceeding year I'll appear for M.A. first year. Will I be able to appear in The Exam of NET and SLET, once I complete my post graduation in 2016? As my date of birth is feb 10, 1986.
Thanks and Regards
Dhirendra Singh
July 07, 2015

NET exam is conducted for JRF and LS post.

SLET exam is conducted for LS post.

Those candidates who have completed masters degree from a recognized university are eligible for NET/SLET exam. General and OBC candidates should hold 55% and above marks in masters degree. For SC/ST candidate its 50% and above in masters degree.

Age criteria for NET/SLET exam:-

For JRF Post :-Your age should be below 28 years.

For Lectureship Post :-There is no age criteria(For UGC NET and SLET)
31st July 2015, 10:22 AM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the age limit for NET and SLET exam for Unreserved Category(for males)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Dear Madam or Sir,
Thanks and Regards
Dhirendra Singh
July 07, 2015

Age Limit for UGC NET/SLET Exam:

For JRF Post:
Those aspirant who are appearing for JRF should not be more than 28 years of age. Age relaxation of 5 years will be given to SC/ST/OBC or physically disabled or women or visually handicapped.

For Lectureship:
The aspirant appearing only for lectureship have no upper age limit.

Official website - www.ugc.ac.in
31st July 2015, 11:30 AM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

Age limit for NET and SLET exam for Unreserved Category(for males) :

For Junior Research Fellowship : Age of candidate must not be more than 28 years. There is relaxation of 5 years for SC/ST/PWD/Women and OBC candidates.
Also there is relaxation of 5 Years for post graduate candidates.

For Assistant Professor : There is no age limit.

Yes, you are eligible for NET and SLET exams.
31st July 2015, 06:46 PM
ArunavaBasu
Senior Member++++

There is no upper age limit for the Assistant Professor or Lectureship so you are eligible for the course.
For the JRF Scholarship the upper age limit is 28 years.
So you are not eligible for the JRF Scholarship but you are eligible for the the Assistant Professor or Lectureship.
So you are eligible for the NET and SLET Examinations.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?