22nd August 2012, 01:28 PM
preetigvs

What is the age limit for NET/SLET exam?

what is the age limit for writing net/slet exam?...pelase tell me what is ti

25th August 2012, 09:04 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the age limit for NET/SLET exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by preetigvs View Post
NET stands for National Eligibility Test and SLET stands for State Lectureship Eligibility Test. Both the tests are regulated by University Grant Commission. National Eligibility Test is conducted on national level and State Lectureship Eligibility Test is conducted on state level.

Now, as far as eligibility criteria is concerned, candidates possessing masters degree in any discipline and having scored a minimum of 55% marks in the same may take these tests in the subject of their expertise. There is basically no age limit to take these test. However, National Eligibility Test is conducted for lectureship as well as Junior Research Fellowship. Candidates willing to take the test for lectureship may apply for the same at any age however, those willing to opt for Junior Research Fellowship along with lectureship eligibility needs to be within the maximum age limit of 28 years. Candidates over 28 years of age can not apply for Junior Research Fellowship but can definitely take the test for Lectureship eligibility.
15th November 2012, 05:19 PM
Unregistered

I have done my BBM in regular college and MCA in correspondence but at present I am 33 years old am I eligible to write SLET exam. please give me details.
My email ID is [email protected]
16th December 2012, 06:21 PM
ranjith1438
Senior Member+++++

Hai,

SET(State Eligibility Test) and NET(National Eligibility Test) these exam are conducted by the UGC(University Grants Commission).

The minimum educational qualification for the SET exam is Post-graduation with atleast 55% of marks from any recognised university.

There is no age limits to appear this exam.

Eligibility criteria for NET:-

The candidate should be complete Post-Graduation with atleast 55% of marks from any recognised university.

5%of marks relaxation for SC/ST candidates.

The candidates must be a citizen of india.

Age limits for JRF(Junior Research Fellowship):-

There is no minimum age limit for JRF but the maximum age limit is 28 years.

Age limits for Lectureship in NET exam:-

The minimum age limit is 18 years but here there is no maximum age limit to apply this exam.

For more details Click Here

Best of luck.
16th December 2012, 10:10 PM
Cool Srk
Senior Member+

Cool Re: What is the age limit for NET/SLET exam?

Hi Friend,

NET stands for National Eligibility Test and SLET stands for State Lectureship Eligibility Test.

Candidates possessing masters degree in any discipline and having scored a minimum of 55% marks in the same may take these tests in the subject of their expertise.

There is basically no age limit to take these test.

National Eligibility Test is conducted for lectureship as well as Junior Research Fellowship.

Age limit of 28 years. Candidates over 28 years of age can not apply for Junior Research Fellowship but can definitely take the test for Lectureship eligibility.

Cool Thanks....
17th December 2012, 03:21 PM
mk.gohel
Senior Member++++

Thumbs up Re: What is the age limit for NET/SLET exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by preetigvs View Post

hi friend,

A candidate must have completed their Post Graduate Degree with at least 55% from Recognized Universities. there are Relaxation Available for SC/ST category.

No Age Limit for Applying NET.

A candidate must have Nationality of INDIA.

Paper download from:Click Here..

All the Best.........
17th December 2012, 04:31 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

National Eligibility Test as well State Eligibility Test are conducted for college lectureship. While the NET exam is conducted by the University Grants Commission, the State Eligibility Test is conducted by the education board of the respective state.

Like I mentioned, both exams are for college lectureship. Any candidate who has completed post graduation can apply for these exams. If you want lecturer job in central government colleges then please apply for the National Eligibility Test.

However if you want lecturer position in a particular state for example Bihar, then apply for the State Eligibility Test of Bihar. Clearing it would get you lecturer job in colleges that are funded by the government of Bihar.

The NET entrance exam is conducted twice a year. First time in June and second time in December. While the SET exam depends from state to state. While Gujarat conducts it once a year, Maharashtra conducts it twice a year.

Eligibility

1. Candidate should be of Indian origin.

2. A post graduation degree in any discipline.

3. At least 55 percent marks in it.

4. SC/ST need 50 percent in post graduation.

5. Final year students may also apply.

6. Your NET subject should be relevant to post graduation course.

7. There is no limit on number of attempts.

Age Criteria

1. The age limit for JRF is 28 years.

2. OBC gets 3 years relaxation.

3. SC/ST are eligible for 5 years relaxation.

4. There is no upper age limit for college lectureship.
17th December 2012, 06:34 PM
muse65

Age Limit

(a) For Junior Research Fellowship: The candidate must not be more than 28 years as on June 1 / December 1 for the June / December examination with relaxation up to 5 years for SC/ST/OBC categories, physically handicapped and female candidates. Relaxation is also made for candidates who have done research / training at the level of postgraduate study, limited to the period spent on research / training in the subject, subject to a maximum of 5 years and supported by a certificate from the appropriate authority. For those possessing an LLM degree, 3 years age-relaxation is granted.

(b) For Lectureship:

No upper age limit.

ii) Exemption (Eligibility for Lectureship)

i) For M.Phil./Ph.D Candidates: NET shall remain the compulsory requirement for appointment as Lecturer even for candidates having Ph.D. Degree. However, candidates who have passed their M.Phil Degree by 31st December 1993 or have submitted their Ph.D. thesis to a university in the concerned subject on or before 31st December 2002 are exempted from appearing in the NET Examination. In case such candidates fail to obtain Ph.D. Degrees, they shall have to pass the NET Examination. The candidates who have passed the UGC/CSIR JRF Examination prior to 1989 are also exempted from appearing in the NET Examination.

ii) For SLET Candidates: The candidates who have cleared the State Level Eligibility Test (SLET), accredited by the UGC for Lectureship prior to 1st June 2002, are exempted from appearing in the NET Examination.
17th December 2012, 07:45 PM
sanj69
Senior Member+

NET stands for National Eligibility Test and SLET stands for State Lectureship Eligibility Test both are conducted by UGC for selection of Lectureship and award to Junior Lectureship(JRF).

The eligible candidate must be an Indian National having completed Post Graduation Degree in any strem from a recognised University with 55% marks(50% for SC/ST candidate). There is no upper age limit for application to NET/SLET for those applying for Lectureship but those applying for JRF should be within the age of 28 years.

For more information you may log on to http://www.ugc.ac.in
18th December 2012, 11:15 AM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

NET - National Eligibility Test and SLET - State Lectureship Eligibility Test.

Both NET/SLET conducted by UGC two times every year one in June and other in December for selection of Lectureship and award to Junior Research Fellowship(JRF).

There is no upper age restriction to those applying for NET/SLET. But those alpplying for JRF should be restricted to 28 years of age.

The eligible candidate must be an Indian National having completed Post Graduation Degree in any stream with 55% marks from a recognised University, can apply for NET/SLET.

For more information you may log on to http://www.ugc.ac.in
18th December 2012, 11:16 AM
tash1907
Senior Member+++++

Hi Friend............

NET - National Eligibility Test

This Examination is conducted by University Grant Commission in yearly twice

Required Eligibility for NET Examination

Educational Qualification

>> Candidates who have secured at least 55% marks (without rounding off) in Master’s Degree OR equivalent examination from universities/institutions recognised by UGC,who have secured at least 50% marks (without rounding off) in Master’s degree or equivalent examination are eligible for this Test.

>> Candidates who have appeared OR will be appearing at the qualifying Master’s degree (final year) examination and whose result is still awaited OR candidates whose qualifying examinations have been delayed may also apply for this Test.

Age Limit

Junior Research Fellowship: Not more than 28 years as on 01.12.2012. A relaxation upto 5 years is provided to the candidates belonging to SC/ST/PWD/OBC (Non-creamy layer, as per the Central list of OBC available on website : www.ncbc.nic.in) categories and to women applicants. Relaxation will also be provided to the candidates having research experience, limited to the period spent on research in the relevant/related subject of post-graduation degree, subject to a maximum of 5 years, on production of a certificate from appropriate authority. Three years’ relaxation in age will be permissible to the candidates possessing L.L.M. Degree. Total age relaxation on the above ground(s) shall not exceed five years under any circumstances.

Lectureship: There is no upper age limit for applying for lectureship eligibility.
20th December 2012, 06:33 AM
aryan5107241
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend,

NET Stands for National Eligibility Test.

This Examination is conducted twice every year in the months of June & December by the University Grants Commission.

The Qualifications Required For NET Examination are :

* You must have completed your post-graduation from any recognized university.

* You must have a minimum of 55% marks in post-graduation.

* There is no age limit for the lecturer post however your age must be in between 21-28 years for the post of JRF.

* You must have Indian Citizenship.

This is the information i have to the best of my knowledge regarding your query. Hope the information will help you to the extent you want.
20th December 2012, 04:41 PM
TARA001
Senior Member++++

Dear friend,

NET (NATIONAL ELIGIBILITY TEST ) & SET (STATE ELIGIBILITY TEST )

NET(National Eligibility Test) exam is conducted on the national level & SET (STATE ELIGIBILITY TEST ) is conducted by each individaul respected state .

BOTH THE EXAMS ARE CONDUCTED BY THE (UNIVERSITY GRANTS COMMISSION )

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA :--

Candidate must have completed post graduation or masters degree with at least having 55% of marks from a recognized university
(for general categories ) & 50% of marks for (ST /SC/ HP/VH ) CATEGORY.

NATIONALITY :-- MUST BE AN INDIAN.

AGE LIMIT FOR THE JRF (JUNIOR RESEARCH FELLOWSHIP ) :---

AGE MUST BE BETWEEN 21 YEARS TO 28 YEARS .

FOR FURTHER QUERIES VISIT THE GIVEN BELOW WEBSITE :----

Email Id: [email protected]

Help Line No.: 011-24113447

GOOD LUCK....
20th December 2012, 09:24 PM
Siva mechanical

the age limit is there should not ahead of 28. NET stands for National Eligibility Test.
SLET stands for State Lectureship Eligibility Test.
17th February 2013, 09:27 PM
Unregistered

when next call for SLET exam will be announced in TamilNadu?
17th February 2013, 09:30 PM
Unregistered

When will be SLET Exam would be announced in Tamil Nadu ?
17th February 2013, 11:44 PM
Beawar

Dear..

NET stands for National aptitude test and SLET stands for State eligibility test are exam conducted by University grand commission to give the candidates eligibility to teach in colleges as well as in Universities.

The NET eligibility is as follows :-

1. Candidate must be an Indian citizen
2. Candidate from any stream are eligible
3. You must have a post graduate degree
4 Minimum percentage required is 55%
5. Relaxation is available to reserved category
6. Age limit is 28 years or less

So if you are 28 years or less then you can go for the exam otherwise you can not go for it.

Hope it will help

Cheers...!!!
18th February 2013, 10:26 AM
end of query
Senior Member+

Hi
For giving the NET/SLET exams, there is no eligibility in the case of age, as there is no specified age limit for giving this exam. the academic qualification is that you should be having a minimum of 55% marks in your masters degree. A relaxation of 5% is given to the sc/st candidates.
The exam is conducted by the UGC.
Gud luck
25th May 2013, 06:58 AM
Unregistered

how can i find whether a college is recognised or not? what is meant by affiliation
25th October 2013, 02:10 PM
Unregistered

what is the age limit of set ,net exam for librarian
26th June 2014, 08:25 PM
Unregistered

Is this possible to attend SLET exam before completing M.E ? Which means I am in second year of M.E.
What is meant by recognized university ? If i m doing my M.E IN A DEAMED UNIVERSITY , May I apply for SLET exam ?
17th August 2015, 02:47 PM
Unregistered

what is the difference between the NET/SLET Exam and the exam conducted by the college service commission?
26th September 2015, 10:27 PM
Unregistered

My questions id that if s canfidate first take the of m phill or phd , after then can he appear for net or slet exam.? And my next question is without passing this slet exam can he be a lecturer of assam state government. ?
18th July 2017, 03:44 PM
Unregistered

Respected sir myself I am vijayalakshmi I have completed 1st year MSc in chemistry.. My age is 48years am I eligible to apply for net/set?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?