6th December 2016, 01:06 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to do pilot training after aerospace engineering?

Can I go for pilot training after aerospace engineering from IIT? Am I eligible? and if I can what are the job opportunities and starting salary. Is this the career plan I should pursue to become a astronaut pilot? Please provide me the details soon. Thank you!

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible to become a Pilot after completing Diploma in Computer Science & Engineering? List of institutes which offer Pilot Training program?
  2. Is there any division of B.Tech other than Aerospace engineering to become a Pilot?
  3. Can I become a Pilot after completion of Aerospace Engineering?
  4. Am I eligible to do Pilot training after my B.E?
  5. Scope of commercial pilot training after B.E in Aeronautical engineering?
  6. Am I eligible for Pilot training if done 12th from distance education?
  7. I want to become a pilot but i wear spectacles of (-1.5) -- [Most Discussed]
  8. Is there any entrance exam to apply for pilot training? -- [New]
  9. Companies offering summer training or internship to B.Tech Aerospace Engineering students?
  10. Is there any institution which provides training for Aerospace Engineering?
  11. Am I eligible for Aerospace Engineering after B.E in Computer Science and Engineering?
  12. What is the benefit of taking Pilot Training after Diploma in Aeronautics?
  13. Better to go for Pilot training aftre B.tech in Aeronautical Engineering or after 12th class? Average cost of training in India and abroad?
  14. Can I become Pilot after completing B.Tech(Aeronautical Engineering)? Best Pilot training institute in India? How much I have to pay for Training and License?
  15. Is there any scope in aerospace engineering? I want to do Aerospace engineering in USA or France or Germany
  16. What should I do now to arrange money for Pilot training course?
  17. Am I eligible for Pilot training having completed my Diploma?
  18. An Aeronautical engineer can get training of Commercial Pilot from Canada? Best Pilot Training institutions of Canada?
7th December 2016, 06:35 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to do pilot training after aerospace engineering?

I am sorry to say that you cannot go for Pilot Training after the completion of Aeronautical Engineering as you have done Graduation in Engineering department which is different from the above mentioned field.
To become a Commercial pilot, you must have to clear the stage of Student Pilot License (SPL) and Private Pilot License (PPL) or Commercial Pilot License (CPL).

Eligibility criteria of SPL:-

Candidates must have to complete class 12th in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics with minimum of 50% marks
Age must be in between 18-30 years
Height should be minimum 5 feet
Eyesight- 6/6
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?