3rd February 2016, 11:31 PM
Unregistered

Exam required to get admission in Ph.D in English in PU Chandigarh?

I have done my M.A in English with 60% marks from Punjab University and qualified the UGC-NET examination. I want to take admission in PHD in English from P.U CHANDIGARH. Please inform whether I am required to appear in entrance exam? Or only in the internal test conducted by the department of English and what will be the syllabus for that and when it will be conducted?

Related Questions:
  1. Ph.D admission in English in Punjab university with 60% and UGC NET examination qualified?
  2. Which course should i choose in post graduation to become a English professor in a college?
  3. Ph.D admission in English in Punjab university after M.A in English and UGC NET examination qualified?
  4. How can I get admission to study PhD in English if secured 50% in M.A.(English) being a 52 years old candidate?
  5. Am I eligible to get admission for Ph.D in English after completion of masters in English with 51% marks?
  6. How to take admission in B.Com course from Chandigarh? Is it possible to take admission in PU Chandigarh?
  7. How to take admission in b.com course from Chandigarh? Is it possible to take admission in PU Chandigarh?
  8. List of colleges which offer B.A.(English) in Chandigarh for a candidate who has scored 78 marks in 12th English?
  9. Am I eligible to do PhD in English without any entrance exam if completed M.A. from Karnataka State Open University?
  10. What is the minimum required percentage to do PhD in English after completion of MA?
  11. How can I get admission to study PhD in English being a M.A. and B.Ed postgraduate?
  12. List of colleges which offer PhD in English Literature in India? Entrance exam to get admission?
  13. From which university I can do PhD after completion of my M.Phil and MA with 53% marks in English? -- [Most Discussed]
  14. How to take admission in Ph.D after completing PG in English
  15. How to take admission in B.Com course from Chandigarh? Is it possible to take admission in DAV College Chandigarh? -- [Most Discussed]
  16. Can I study PhD without appearing in any entrance exam being a English postgraduate?
  17. Admission procedure to study PhD in English Literature in Oxford University for B.A.(English) candidate?
  18. Admission process for BBA or B.Com course in Chandigarh colleges?
15th January 2018, 04:40 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Exam required to get admission in Ph.D in English in PU Chandigarh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have done my M.A in English with 60% marks from Punjab University and qualified the UGC-NET examination. I want to take admission in PHD in English from P.U CHANDIGARH. Please inform whether I am required to appear in entrance exam? Or only in the internal test conducted by the department of English and what will be the syllabus for that and when it will be conducted?

Candidates with a master’s degree in English with not less than 55% marks in aggregate are eligible to apply for the PhD in English in Punjab University Chandigarh. Candidates have to appear for the PhD Entrance Test conducted by the Punjab University for the admission. They have to clear the entrance test which is followed by an Interview for the admission to the PhD in English at Punjab University. Candidates who have qualified NET or CSIR – JRF or SLET or GATE are exempted from the PhD Entrance Test in Punjab University. Candidates are admitted to the PhD in English based on the entrance marks and performance in the interview. The Punjab University website link is given Click Here
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?