26th July 2015, 06:51 PM
Unregistered

Can I study PhD without appearing in any entrance exam being a English postgraduate?

Hello,
I have completed my M.A. in English and I want to do PhD in English. Can I join directly PhD in regular program without giving any entrance exam? Please reply as soon as possible.

Related Questions:
  1. Am I exempted to attend entrance exam for study PhD if completed M.Phil in English Language? Where should I pursue PhD?
  2. Detailed information about PhD in English Language and English Literature for an English postgraduate? Possibility to do PhD in Management?
  3. Admission procedure to study PhD in English in Calicut University for M.A. postgraduate?
  4. Selection process and entrance exam for doing PhD in IGNOU for M.Phil postgraduate?
  5. How can I study PhD in English in Abroad being M.Phil postgraduate?
  6. Eligibility to study PhD(English) in Central University of Tamil Nadu, Thiruvarur for English postgraduate?
  7. In which entrance exam I have to appear to study PhD in any college of UP being a M.Sc(Zoology) postgraduate?
  8. Can I become a Lecturer if study PhD in Management being a MBA and M.A.(English Literature) postgraduate?
  9. Can I study PhD in English if having 23 years of Teaching experience? List of Universities in Karnataka? -- [Most Discussed]
  10. Is it necessary to appear in any entrance exam for study correspondence PhD in History being a M.Phil postgraduate?
  11. Can I get free scholarship to study PhD being a MA postgraduate?
  12. Procedure to study PhD in Abroad for M.Sc(Organic Chemistry) postgraduate?
  13. Courses available to study in PhD at Harvard University for MCA postgraduate?
  14. Procedure to study PhD in Computer Science for a postgraduate? -- [New]
  15. How can I get admission to study PhD in English if secured 50% in M.A.(English) being a 52 years old candidate?
  16. Procedure to study PhD through UGC-NET for M.A.(History) postgraduate?
  17. Is there any entrance exam to study PhD(Hindi) in IGNOU for M.Phil postgraduate?
  18. Which are the subjects available to study in PhD for Commerce postgraduate?
27th July 2015, 06:50 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I study PhD without appearing in any entrance exam being a English postgraduate?

You must have a M.Phil or professional experience of 5 years to become eligible for admission without entrance exam. Normally, those who have already qualified exams like NET/SET are exempted from entrance exam.

Hence, if you don't have any of the above qualifications then you have to appear for entrance exam for getting admission.
12th June 2017, 07:36 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Can I study PhD without appearing in any entrance exam being a English postgraduate?

Hello, I am a postgraduate in English Literature with 14 years of teaching experience. IS it compulsory for me to appear for entrance exam to do PhD?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?