7th February 2017, 06:08 PM
Unregistered

How should I start preparing for IITs?

Dear Sir , what I'm asking is that, I do not have any idea about preparation, that is for which exam. I have to prepare to get into the IITs. Is there any special exam or all these collages conducted their own separate exam. Please just show me direction. How I should start?

9th February 2017, 06:27 PM
Sameerthapar123

Default Re: How should I start preparing for IITs?

If you want to get into an IIT, then you will have to give a series of exams.
First you will have to give the JEE Mains(must give exam if you want to be an engineer).
After qualifying the JEE Mains exam, you will have to give the JEE Advanced exam. As per your score in the JEE Advanced, you will get a rank, based on which you will have to apply to all the IITs for which you want to take an admission.
If you have no idea as to how to prepare, then you must join a coaching class. One of the following could be chosen by you: Resonance, FIIT JEE, Vidyalankar, Allen, Bansal etc.
Apart from both the JEE exams, you will have to study and score in your board exams as well. This is because you must be in your top 20 percentile in your board on the basis of your board exams to qualify for the JEE Advanced.
9th February 2017, 09:09 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

For admission at IITs, you need to crack JEE main and advanced. Merit for admission will be on the basis of your class 12th marks and performance in JEE. Hence, you need to concentrate on your board exams, as well as entrance exam preparation. For IITs there is no other entrance exam.

You can prepare for it according to your own convenience. There are numerous study materials and coaching center for such exams. You need to choose your own way of study, which suits you.
9th February 2017, 09:41 PM
MerajAmir
Senior Member+

To prepare for IITs you need to appear for the entrance exam IIT-JEE which is based entirely on your 10+2 syllabus. So focus on your 10+2 syllabus and work hard, do study well. This exam is conducted by the organization of IIT. All you need to do is to focus on your study and do put special preference on 10+2 syllabus.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?