5th April 2015, 01:24 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to apply for JEST if completed Distance M.Sc(Physics) with 61% marks?

Hello everyone,
I have passed Distance M.Sc Physics
from Vidyasagar University this year.
I have secured 61% in my M.Sc.
Can I eligible to apply for JEST?

9th April 2015, 11:17 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for JEST if completed Distance M.Sc(Physics) with 61% marks?

Yes, M.Sc in Physics from a recognized University is required for getting admission in a Ph.D program through JEST. Therefore, you can surely apply for JEST without any worries if the University is a recognized distance education University.

You are eligible for Ph.D through JEST and also for integrated M.Tech-Ph.D program. Hence, be prepared for the entrance exam if you want to get admission in a top Institute.

For more information visit https://www.jest.org.in/eligibility
10th April 2015, 09:10 PM
ArunavaBasu
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for JEST if completed Distance M.Sc(Physics) with 61% marks?

Yes you will be able to apply for JEST but your chances of getting admission to a PhD Course will not be easy as you have pursued M.Sc as a Distance Course.
If you clear the JEST written part there will be an Interview and in that you will need to have a very good in depth knowledge in your Domain Subject as if you have that the handicap that you have as you are a Distance Course Student will not be existent.
So just prepare for all the parts of JEST and you will be able to crack the Examination.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?