30th October 2016, 12:22 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to do Ph.D after completion of course in commerce?

Am I eligible to do Ph.D after completion of course in commerce? Can you please give me the right information on the same? What is the procedure to be followed for the same? It will be helpful if you can guide me with the answer soon. Thank you!

31st October 2016, 01:25 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to do Ph.D after completion of course in commerce?

Eligibility to do PhD in Commerce:-

To purse, PhD in Commerce, you need to complete masters degree in the relevant discipline with at least 55% marks .

The duration of the course is 2 years.

The procedure is different for different universities in which you wish to join. Then download the application form along with the instructions from the official website of the institution. Then, filled application form according to the instructions.

Upload your photo and submit the duly filled application. Note down the application password and bank account details for future reference.
31st October 2016, 02:04 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Am I eligible to do Ph.D after completion of course in commerce? Can you please give me the right information on the same? What is the procedure to be followed for the same? It will be helpful if you can guide me with the answer soon. Thank you!

Yes, you are eligible to do PhD in Commerce after completion of Master’s Degree in Commerce. The students with M.Com qualifications from a recognized university with at least 55% marks are eligible for PhD in Commerce. The admission to the PhD in Commerce will be done through a PhD Entrance Test and Interview. The applicant must discuss about his research topic at the time of interview with the panel. The program can be studied in the universities given below;

Pondicherry University - Official Website

Aligarh Muslim University - Official Website

IGNOU - Official Website

University of Delhi - Official Website
31st October 2016, 08:00 PM
rachna sarswat
Senior Member+

If you have completed your post graduation in commerce with 55% or above marks from a recognized university then you are eligible for PhD course. You can apply for UGC NET exam which is conducted by CBSE. After qualifying in this exam you can get admission in a good institution. You can fill the online application form till 16th November at the official website of CBSE.

http://www.cbsenet.nic.in

The exam will be held on 22nd January, 2017. Thanks
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?