16th April 2016, 06:48 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to do Ph.D course after completion of B.Ed or M.Com?

Am I eligible to do Ph.D course after completion of B.Ed or M.Com? Can you please let me know the minimum eligibility criteria which is followed for the same? It will be really helpful if you can give me the right suggestion on the same. Thanks!

17th April 2016, 07:05 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to do Ph.D course after completion of B.Ed or M.Com?

The minimum qualification for Ph.D admission in India is post graduation degree with 55% marks. Hence, if you have M.Com degree with 55% marks then you will be eligible for various Ph.D entrance exams for admission.

B.Ed is not required for admission. It is only required for becoming a school teacher. Admission is purely based on the performance in written exam and interview.
18th April 2016, 10:21 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Am I eligible to do Ph.D course after completion of B.Ed or M.Com? Can you please let me know the minimum eligibility criteria which is followed for the same? It will be really helpful if you can give me the right suggestion on the same. Thanks!
After completion of M.Com course, you can do Ph.D course.

Those candidates who have completed masters degree in Commerce with above 55% marks from a recognized university are eligible for Ph.D entrance exam. For SC/ST candidate its 50% and above in masters degree.

There are no age criteria.
18th April 2016, 10:54 AM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility Criteria required to do Ph.D Course:

The minimum eligibility criteria required for doing this Ph.D Course is as follows.

)) Candidates must have completed minimum 2 year's of Master's Degree (or) M.Phil degree from any accredited Indian or Foreign University in the concerned field.

)) Minimum Percentage Required :-
* Through M.Phil - minimum 50% marks
* Through M.Com or any post Graduate Degree - 55% marks

)) As mentioned above, if you have pursued M.Com, then I am very sure that you are eligible to pursue this Ph.D Course. But before that you are required to appear in National Level CSIR UGC NET or its equivalent exam or concerned university's entrance test.
19th April 2016, 12:39 AM
ShreeRocks
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
The aspirant should study M.Com to pursue PhD in the same discipline. The eligibility to study the PhD course is a pass in Master’s Degree in the relevant subject with 55% marks from a recognised university. The aspirant has to appear for an entrance examination for the admission to the course. The course is available in many universities in India.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?