23rd July 2016, 01:51 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to do Ph.D course after completion of M.Sc IT course?

I want to know whether after completing the MSc IT , i can do Phd., If so it is possible to do it through distance education? Can someone please provide me the answer soon as possible on the same? Awaiting to get the response on this. Thank you!

Related Questions:
  1. How and where can I join PhD in Industrial Biotechnology? Name of institutes and their requirements?
  2. What is the eligibility criteria followed for doing Ph.D course? Am I eligible after completion of M.Sc course with 57% marks?
  3. Am I eligible to do Ph.D course after completion of M.Sc in Electronics?
  4. Am I eligible to do PhD after completion of MBA being in CA articleship?
  5. Am I eligible to do Ph.D in Maths after completion of B.Com Hons. course?
  6. What is the eligibility criteria followed for doing Ph.D in India and aborad based on GATE and CSIR? doing M.Sc Genetics after completion of B.Pharm after completion of M.Sc course?
  7. Am I eligible to do M.Sc Agriculture in a different college after completion of B.Sc Agriculture course?
  8. Am I eligible to apply for PhD after completion of BBA and MBA in distance mode? -- [New]
  9. Am I eligible to do Ph.D after passing M.Sc in Mathematics with 49%? Is it possible to do M.Sc again to score good marks?
  10. Am I eligible to do Ph.D course after completion of M.Sc IT course?
  11. Am I eligible to do Phd in Psychology after completion of M.D in Homeo?
  12. Am I eligible to do Ph.D in English after completion of MA with 48 percentage marks and doing B.Ed?
  13. Which are the government colleges offering a dual degree program? Complete details about the course? -- [Most Discussed]
  14. Is M.Phil mandatory before PhD?
  15. Am I eligible to do Ph.D in Physics in part time without completion of master's degree?
  16. Am I eligible to do Ph.D after completion of MCA with 76% marks?
  17. Am I eligible for PhD after completion of MBA and CA-Articleship? Universities offering PhD in external or distance mode?
  18. Am i eligible for MSc with integrated Ph.D program after completion of BSc degree in Zoology
25th July 2016, 12:22 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to do Ph.D course after completion of M.Sc IT course?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I want to know whether after completing the MSc IT , i can do Phd., If so it is possible to do it through distance education? Can someone please provide me the answer soon as possible on the same? Awaiting to get the response on this. Thank you!
After completion of M.Sc in IT, you can apply for Ph.D course in Distance Mode.

List of the University for Ph.D course in Distance Mode:-

Goa University
Ph. No: 0832 651 9048
Address: Taleigao Plateau, Bambolim, Goa-403001
https://www.unigoa.ac.in

Nalanga Open University
Ph. No: 0612 220 6916
Address: West Gandhi Maidan, 1st Floor, Biscoman Bhawan, Patna, Bihar-800001
http://www.nalandaopenuniversity.com

IGNOU
Ph. No: 011 2953 3869
Address: # RZ-A-44, Road Number 4, Block B, Mahipalpur Extension, New Delhi, Delhi-110037
25th July 2016, 05:48 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility to do course after completion of M.Sc IT course:-

Candidate must have passed post graduation degree from any recognised University

Candidate must have scored more than 55% marks in masters degree

There is no age limit

Course duration is 2 years.
25th July 2016, 05:49 PM
ShreeRocks
Senior Member+++++

Quote:

Yes, you are eligible to do PhD after completion of M.Sc in Information Technology. The candidates should have completed M.Sc in CS/IT from any accredited university with at least 55% marks can apply for PhD in Information Technology. The candidates will be selected through an Entrance Test followed by an Interview. The entrance test will be used to shortlist the candidates to be interviewed. The PhD in IT is available in various universities like
Dhirubhai Ambani Institute of Information and Communication Technology- Official Website
Amity University - Official Website
Hindustan University - Official Website
26th July 2016, 12:06 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are very much eligible to opt for PhD course after completion of the above mentioned course via distance education. You will have to appear for GATE/M.Phil/SLET, etc examination or you ca also appear for the prospective university entrance examination in order to get admission in the course.
26th July 2016, 12:56 AM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Being a M.Sc in IT Graduate you are eligible to apply for PhD course. However, you need to score at least 55% of marks at Master degree level to be eligible for PhD course. Since, you didn't mention anything about your marks in M.Sc in IT course. So, it is difficult for us to give proper suggestion. Please, refer the eligibility criteria given below;

- Those applicants who have completed Post Graduate course with 55% of marks from a recognized university are eligible for CSIR NET exam. Relaxation will be given upto 5% of marks for those who belonging to the SC/ST.

- Your age should be below 28 years for JRF and there is no age limit for lectureship.
27th July 2016, 11:45 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Yes, definitely you are eligible to do Ph.D through distance mode after the completion of M.Sc in IT.
Below I have mentioned the eligibility criteria to do Ph.D, have a look over it.

Eligibility criteria to do Ph.D:-

Candidates must have completed Master's degree from a recognised University.
Candidates must have scored at least 55% of marks in Master's degree.
Candidates must have a valid NET scorecard.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?