20th April 2017, 05:50 PM
Unregistered

Am I too old to qualify to do my PhD course if am 28 years old?

I have a masters in English literature. I would now like to do a PhD in a contemporary subject. I was a teacher for 17 years, a principal of a school, an entrepreneur for 28 years and an author. I am 69 yrs old does my age prevent me from pursuing my PhD?

22nd April 2017, 06:21 PM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Am I too old to qualify to do my PhD course if am 28 years old?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have a masters in English literature. I would now like to do a PhD in a contemporary subject. I was a teacher for 17 years, a principal of a school, an entrepreneur for 28 years and an author. I am 69 yrs old does my age prevent me from pursuing my PhD?

No, you are not too old to qualify for pursuing PhD program. There is no age limit for pursuing PhD. Therefore, you can pursue PhD at the age of 28 years. Candidates with master’s degree in the relevant discipline with at least 55% marks are eligible to do PhD in India. Selection of candidates will be done on the basis of their performance in the entrance test and interview conducted by the university. The PhD programs are available in various universities in India. Therefore, you can pursue PhD at the age of 28 years.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?