12th August 2016, 07:22 PM
Unregistered

Best combination of subjects in 11th to do Ph.D in Physics?

Hello sir, I have completed 10th and want to do Ph.D in Physics. I want to know the best combinations of subjects that will be beneficial for me in class 11 for this purpose. Please specify the subjects.

13th August 2016, 07:53 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Best combination of subjects in 11th to do Ph.D in Physics?

As you are interested to pursue PhD in physics hence you should opt for non medical stream in 11th and 12th . Your subject combination should be Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and English. Once you qualify your 12th standard then you will have to pursue BSc in physics from a recognised University and after that MSc in Physics then you will be eligible for PhD in Physics.
This is the procedure which you have to follow.
13th August 2016, 08:22 PM
ShreeRocks
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello sir, I have completed 10th and want to do Ph.D in Physics. I want to know the best combinations of subjects that will be beneficial for me in class 11 for this purpose. Please specify the subjects.

The best combination of subjects in 11th class is Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics to do PhD in Physics in future. The student should concentrate on the Physics subject along with other subjects to pursue PhD later. The student should study M.Sc in Physics and should score very good marks to pursue PhD in Physics. The student should study Physics major in graduation also. The PCB is also another choice to study in 11th standard. You have to score very good marks in all the examinations from 12th, Graduation and Post Graduation to pursue PhD in Physics.
13th August 2016, 10:03 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

You must take PCM stream if you are interested in pursuing Ph.D in physics later in your academic career. After passing class 12th with PCM stream you can apply for admission in B.Sc physics.

After completion of B.Sc physics you will be eligible for M.Sc physics and after that you can apply for admission in Ph.D in physics programme.
13th August 2016, 10:46 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

As far as my best knowledge is concerned, the best stream that I would suggest you to go with in Intermediate is "PCM" (Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics) subjects. There are several streams to opt with during Higher secondary level. As PCM subjects are core subjects for those who would like to see them in Physics background filed. After successful completion of 12th Class with PCM subjects, then you may go with B.Sc in Physics during Bachelor level and then M.Sc in Physics at Post Graduate Level. Remember, going with PCM subjects during Higher Secondary Level is mandatory. Then choosing the best stream in Graduation and Post Graduation basically depends upon you.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?