16th April 2016, 12:51 PM
Unregistered

What combination of subjects I need to take in school and graduation to apply for IAS in future?

I am joining my 11th std now , what combination should I take up and in graduation what combination should I take? Should it be science, commerce or arts- social science? Can you please guide me with the right details on the same? Thank you!

16th April 2016, 08:54 PM
bhushankumar398
Senior Member++

Default Re: What combination of subjects I need to take in school and graduation to apply for IAS in future?

You are in 11th standard and want to crack IAS exam in future. You want to know about the combination of subjects need to take in graduation course.

>>The educational qualification for getting eligible for IAS exam is that student must possess graduation degree from a recognized university. So, for getting eligible for IAS exam, you can take any stream as science, Commerce or Arts.

>>Since you have decided to be an IAS officer. So in my opinion you have to opt such subjects in graduation course which help in your preparation too. Following are list of some subjects you can opt in graduation course:

--B.A history

--B.A Geography

--B.A Political Science

>>These subjects’ help you lot while preparing the preliminary exam of IAS i.e CSAT exam. Not only this you can opt these subjects in your mains exam too.
16th April 2016, 09:02 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What combination of subjects I need to take in school and graduation to apply for IAS in future?

There is no need to opt any particular subject or course in your 11th standard and Graduation to apply for IAS examination. You can pursue any course of your interest and once, you have completed Graduation course from a recognised university, you are eligible to apply for IAS examination. So, I suggest you to any course which you are interest for pursuing your 11th standard and Graduation.
17th April 2016, 03:19 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

You can opt for any of the streams mentioned above as you just need to have a graduation degree with you from a recognized University in order to be eligible to apply for civil service examinations, be it in any stream does not matter.
18th April 2016, 12:15 AM
EALP EXPERT
Senior Member+++++

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Service. The eligibility criteria for applying IAS status that you must have a bachelor degree from any affiliated university/institute with minimum 55% marks as aggregate. So the subjects in intermediate or graduation does affect the eligibility for IAS.
My suggestion to you is that you should go for the subjects in which you have your personal interest.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?