23rd March 2015, 11:41 PM
Unregistered

Can I become a Lecturer if pursuing PhD in Sociology through UGC-NET?

Hello everyone,
I'm a UGC-NET holder, presently doing PhD in Sociology.
I want to know whether there are any vacancies existing
or arising within two years as a Lecturer for sociology in
any college in Southern India?

1st April 2015, 10:28 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I become a Lecturer if pursuing PhD in Sociology through UGC-NET?

If you have qualified UGC NET after you Master's degree then surely you will be eligible for Lecturer job. Just make sure that you have clear UGC NET Lectureship examination. If you have cleared LS then you will be definitely eligible for a Government college lecturer job in UGC recognized colleges.

The scorecard for UGC NET LS is valid for most of the Government lecturer vacancies and you can surely apply for it. You have to keep track of all the Government lecturer jobs and apply according to it. If you have experience of teaching then it will become a lot easier to get a lecturer job.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?