11th February 2016, 10:28 AM
Unregistered

Can I join UGC coaching for doing Ph.D course?

Can I join UGC coaching for doing Ph.D course? Can you help me to understand the information on the same? I just wanted to do Ph.D course and right now am not sure what steps I need to follow to do the same. Awaiting for the response.

11th February 2016, 11:53 PM
ArunavaBasu
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Can I join UGC coaching for doing Ph.D course?

There is no specific coaching organised by UGC for the course of PhD.
You can apply for the course of PhD if you have completed the course of Masters in the subject of your choice with at least 50% marks.
Once this criteria is fulfilled you must appear for the various Entrance Examinations to get admission to the University of your choice.
These are the steps that you must follow up get admission to the course of PhD under the current UGC rule.
12th February 2016, 08:11 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I join UGC coaching for doing Ph.D course?

UGC coaching is to qualify exams like NET and not for doing Ph.D course. But still if you can crack NET then it will surely help you in getting admission in a top university without appearing for any other exam.

Admission is mostly based on the performance in written exam and interview conducted by the concerned university or institute. You need to apply when admission is announced by the university or institution.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?