15th August 2017, 09:01 PM
Unregistered

Chances to do PhD in Political Science through distance mode from University of Delhi? Can I become a +2 Lecturer after PhD?

Hello, I have completed B.Ed and MA Political Science and working as a high school teacher. Please tell me can I do PhD in distance mode from University of Delhi? Can I become +2 Lecturer after PhD?

Related Questions:
  1. Best universities in Punjab providing PhD in Political Science in distance mode? Duration of the course?
  2. Necessity to do M.Phil before PhD program after MSW? Chances to do PhD from distance mode? List of universities for it?
  3. UGC recognized universities for PhD in English in New Delhi through distance or regular mode -- [Most Discussed]
  4. Is it necessary to do M.Phil before PhD for MSW in distance? List of universities offering PhD in distance mode?
  5. Universities offering PhD in Maths through regular or distance mode? Procedure involved in doing PhD?
  6. Eligibility to study PhD in Political Science in Delhi University?
  7. Am I eligible to study PhD in Computer Science if pursuing MCA from SMU?
  8. Does BU offer doctorate course in music for hindustani vocal?
  9. Procedure to apply for Ph.D in Political Science after scoring 57 percent marks in MA?
  10. Am I eligible to study PhD in Delhi University being a MA(Political Science) correspondence student?
  11. List of institutes which offer Distance PhD to M.Com postgraduate in Delhi?
  12. Is M.Phil required to pursue PhD? Which are universities offering PhD in Management via distance mode of education? -- [New]
  13. Can a M.Sc IT in distance mode do PhD in regular mode? Which stream should I choose?
  14. Can I take up Ph.D after completing MCA in distance mode?
  15. List of universities to get admission for Ph.D in Political Science in distance mode
  16. Criteria to obtain PhD in Economics? Universities providing PhD in distance mode?
  17. Can i do PhD in IT after completing MCA through distance learning or do I need to do pursue M.Phil or M.Tech first?
  18. PhD in Library Science is offered by Magadh university through distance mode or not?
16th August 2017, 01:13 PM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Chances to do PhD in Political Science through distance mode from University of Delhi? Can I become a +2 Lecturer after PhD?

A candidate who have completed masters degree with a minimum of 55% marks from a recognized university, is eligible to do PhD is respective subject.
Sorry to inform you that University of Delhi does not offer this course through distance mode.
Below I have listed some names of universities which offer this course through distance mode:
>Indira Gandhi National Open University
Address: Block 15-C,New Academic Building,Room No. 11,IGNOU,Maidan Garhi
Phone: +91-011-29533549, 29571621-1630
>Osmania University
Address: Osmania University Main Rd, Amberpet, Hyderabad, Telangana 500007
Phone: 040 2768 2444
>Savitribai Phule Pune University
Address: Ganeshkhind, Pune, Maharashtra 411007
Phone: 020 2569 6064
>Dr. B. R. Ambedkar Open University
Address: Prof.G.Ram Reddy Marg, Road No:46, Jubilee Hills, Hyderabad, Telangana 500033
Phone: 040 2368 0333
>Jamia Millia Islamia
Address: Jamia Nagar, New Delhi, Delhi 110025
Phone: 011 2698 1717
>Indian Institute of Science
Address: CV Raman Rd, Devasandra Layout, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560012
Phone: 080 2293 2004
>Pondicherry University
Address: Kalapet, Puducherry, 605014
Phone: 0413 265 5179
In order to become a lecturer, you will have to appear and qualify in NET (National Eligibility Test) examination.
NET examination is conducted by CBSE (Central Board of Secondary Education) twice in a year in the behalf of UGC (University Grant Commission).Qualifying in this examination, you will become eligible to pursue research in respective subject of your post-graduation and become also eligible for Assistant Professor.
16th August 2017, 02:32 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Chances to do PhD in Political Science through distance mode from University of Delhi? Can I become a +2 Lecturer after PhD?

Yes, definitely you can do Ph.D from Delhi University after the completion of MA in Political Science.
Candidates those who have completed their Masters degree from a recognized University with a minimum of 55% of marks in it are eligible to opt for the Ph.D course.
After the completion of MA course, you must have to appear in the NET examination, qualifying in which you can get admission under Delhi University for Ph.D course.
After completing the Ph.D course, you can apply for a Lecturer post in Schools.
16th August 2017, 10:06 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Yes, there are distance mode Ph.D available through various universities like IGNOU. Admission will be on the basis of performance in the written exam and interview.

For high school teacher job, B.Ed is required at most of the schools. If you have, then you can try for private school teaching jobs. For government school jobs, you need to crack TET.
20th August 2017, 09:56 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello, I have completed B.Ed and MA Political Science and working as a high school teacher. Please tell me can I do PhD in distance mode from University of Delhi? Can I become +2 Lecturer after PhD?
If your masters degree marks is above 55% from a recognized University then you are eligible for Ph.D course from Delhi University through distance mode.

After completion of Ph.D course, you are eligible for lecturer post in government recognized University.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?