29th December 2016, 03:09 PM
Unregistered

Do I need to have graduation and post graduation in same stream to become eligible for NET and SET?

Hello, I have completed my graduation in B.Com and after pursuing my post graduation, I will go ahead for SET and NET exams. So, I wanted to ask you that, is it necessary to have my graduation and post graduation in the same stream for these exams? Can I do MA in history?

Related Questions:
  1. NET/SET eligibility if graduation & post graduation streams are different
  2. Whether i am Eligible for NET SET?
  3. Can I pursue MA History first and then apply for SET and NET examination?
  4. Am I eligible to write NET or SET exam after getting 54.72% in graduation and 53% in graduation?
  5. Am I eligible for NET/SET if done PG Diploma in Diploma in Fermentation and Distillation?
  6. Am I eligible to apply for NET SET exam after completing Graduation with 58% and Post Graduation with 52% marks being a General Category candidate? -- [New]
  7. Am I eligible to apply for NET/SET exam after completion of Post Graduation course from Vinayaka Mission University, Tamil Nadu?
  8. Am I eligible to appear for NET/SET exam after completing post graduation in English?
  9. Can I do B.Ed after the completion of MA in English? -- [Most Discussed]
  10. Am I eligible for NET/SET after doing MBA IT post graduation?
  11. Eligibility to appear in UGC-NET(Commerce) for a candidate with 42.7% in Graduation and 47.4% in Post Graduation?
  12. Am I eligible to give the SET exam in Andhra Pradesh with 55% marks in Post graduation?
  13. Am I eligible to appear in NET having a gap of 7 years between Graduation and Post Graduation?
  14. Am I eligible for NET Exam after completing intermediate with 50% and graduation from distance with 65%?
  15. Can i appear for SET/NET exams after Masters in Ayurveda?
  16. Can I appear for NET after pursuing graduation from Open and post graduation from regular college?
  17. Am I eligible for SET/NET after MBA-IT?
  18. Can I be eligible for NET SET by doing graduation through distance learning?
30th December 2016, 10:02 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Do I need to have graduation and post graduation in same stream to become eligible for NET and SET?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello, I have completed my graduation in B.Com and after pursuing my post graduation, I will go ahead for SET and NET exams. So, I wanted to ask you that, is it necessary to have my graduation and post graduation in the same stream for these exams? Can I do MA in history?
If you can do M.A in History with above 55% marks then you can apply for UGC NET and SET exam in History subject.

If you have completed M.Com degree then you can apply for UGC NET and SET exam in Commerce subject.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?