11th October 2017, 01:26 PM
Unregistered

Does AMU conducts own entrance exam for PhD? Will thy accepts NET JRF certificate?

Sir, I have passed BA Urdu and now studying MA Urdu. After completion of it want to get admission in PhD course at AMU. Does AMU conducts own entrance exam for it? Will thy accepts NET JRF certificate?

Related Questions:
  1. Is there any examination center of NET JRF in Dubai? Wether UAE universities accepts NET JRF certificate
  2. How can I get JRF Certificate? Do I need any experience to get the certificate? Can I appear in PhD entrance?
  3. How to get Net certificate and JRF award letter if completed in December?
  4. When will my JRF certificate come if result got published 4 years back? Can I register for PhD without getting JRF certificate?
  5. What is the procedure to do Ph.D after passing the JRF exam?
  6. Can a MSc microbiology person do Ph.D in analytical chemistry with the help of experience in the given field?
  7. Am I eligible to get admission for Ph.D in IIT or NIT after scoring 45 marks in GATE?
  8. Can I apply in CSIR/UGC NET to get JRF if studying PhD from local university?
  9. Steps to follow for getting admission for Ph.D in IITs after completion of B.Tech Mechanical engnieering?
  10. Can I apply in CSIR/UGC NET to get JRF if studying PhD from deemed university? -- [New]
  11. When I will receive my JRF-Commerce certificate? Can I register for Ph.D program without certificate?
  12. How can I get JRF certificate which was held this year?
  13. Validity of NET JRF rank card? Can I undergo PhD through NET JRF?
  14. How can I get certificate after qualifying NET JRF?
  15. Procedure of college or university selection after qualifying NET JRF exam for PhD? How an employed person can do Ph.D after qualifying NET JRF exam?
  16. How to obtain my NET JRF Certificate? -- [Most Discussed]
  17. Duration to complete PhD after B.Tech through NET JRF exam? Will I have to do M.Tech and M.Phil for PhD?
  18. Steps after clearing NET JRF for PhD entrance?
14th October 2017, 06:49 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Does AMU conducts own entrance exam for PhD? Will thy accepts NET JRF certificate?

Yes, AMU conducts their own Ph.D entrance examination. But candidates those who have NET qualified certificate are also accepted by the University.
Candidates those who have completed their Masters degree in the relevant field from a recognized University with a minimum of 55% of marks in it are eligible to appear in the NET JRF examination in the same.
14th October 2017, 08:17 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Does AMU conducts own entrance exam for PhD? Will thy accepts NET JRF certificate?

Eligibility Criteria Required to pursue PhD Programme:

Yes, Aligarh Muslim University accepts NET JRF Entrance Examination.

Yes, this university conducts its own entrance examination also for offering admission into Doctoral Programs. Aligarh Muslim University conducts an entrance test (written test) which is followed by Presentation cum Interview.

Hence, you must have qualified in any of the below mentioned entrance examination's to get admission into PhD. The basic educational qualification required to appear in below tests is Master's Degree from a recognized university.

>> AMU Phd Entrance Test (or)

>> NET JRF

>> DBT Test

>> CSIR

>> ICAR

>> GATE Exam

>> ICMR Entrance Test ..etc.,
15th October 2017, 12:49 AM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

After completion of MA in Urdu with a minimum of 55% marks, you will be eligible to apply for PhD Urdu course at AMU.
Yes, AMU do conducts its own entrance test to grant admission to candidates into its PhD courses but those candidates who have qualified NET JRF are exempted for that entrance test.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?