10th June 2015, 10:53 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to enrol Ph.D course in USA after completion of post graduation course in Electronics and Communication from India?

Hello Sir/Mam,

I am from India and pursuing my post graduate in electronics and communication.

Now i want to enrol for PhD from the USA. Can u provide assistance regarding to this? Am not sure what to do next. So, it would be of great help if you can give me the complete information soon? Thanks!

Related Questions:
  1. GATE Electronics and Communications after Non-Electronics studies in graduation and post graduation? -- [Most Discussed]
  2. Model question papers for PhD Electronics or Communication? Institute in Maharashtra for PhD either in Electronics or Communication?
  3. Am I eligible to do MS in USA after completing B.Tech in electronics and communication engineering
  4. Best institutes for post graduation or PhD in abroad?
  5. Post Graduation from USA is recognized by MCI in India? Can I practice on the basis of my specialization in India?
  6. Complete information about PhD in Electronics & Communication engineering?
  7. What is better to complete my B.E. in India or in USA?
  8. Information about PhD program after MS in USA?
  9. Am I eligible to do MS in USA in any computer science subject after completing my B.Tech in Electronics and Communication Engineering?
  10. List of universities which offer PhD in Mass Communication in Southern India?
  11. List of exams for which I am eligible after completion of B.Tech or graduation? I am a student of electronics and communication branch
  12. Am I eligible to do PhD if having lot of gap between Graduation and Post Graduation?
  13. Should I have to appear in UGC-NET to study PhD in Mass Communication?
  14. Is it mandatory to study Post Graduation for doing PhD program?
  15. Prospects of getting a Ph.D course in USA after doing M.D in Pharmacology from India with good research experience? Job prospects in India after completing Ph.D from USA?
  16. PhD or Post graduation in Astronomy and Astrophysics is possible after B.Tech?
  17. Am I eligible to pursue Ph.D in regular mode if I have completed post graduation in IT through correspondence? -- [New]
  18. What courses are available in field of electronics after B.Sc. (Electronics)?
11th June 2015, 06:19 PM
GreekScholar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to enrol Ph.D course in USA after completion of post graduation course in Electronics and Communication from India?

Yes, you can pursue PhD course in USA, after the completion of your Post Graduation in India. To pursue any PhD course in USA, first you should complete GRE and IELTS/TOEFL exams, because these exam scores are mandatory to apply for admission in foreign universities. So, first you should complete these exams. After completing these exams, you can apply for admission in your selected list of universities by sending your application and required documents to universities through online or via courier. Then the universities will review your application and will send you an admission letter, if your profile meets university admission requirements.
11th June 2015, 08:40 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to enrol Ph.D course in USA after completion of post graduation course in Electronics and Communication from India?

If you have got post graduation qualification and you are aiming to get admission in Ph.D from a foreign University then you have to apply for exams like GRE. Most of the top universities abroad give admission based on the scores in GRE and you have to get an excellent score in it, if you want admission in a top reputed University.

Therefore, be prepared for GRE because without it you won't get admission in most of the top universities. Also, you have to clear exams like IELTS/TOEFL with a decent score to get admission because courses are offered in English language only. Hence, this should be your next step towards admission and you should try to do well in it.
12th June 2015, 08:41 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello Sir/Mam,

I am from India and pursuing my post graduate in electronics and communication.

Now i want to enrol for PhD from the USA. Can u provide assistance regarding to this? Am not sure what to do next. So, it would be of great help if you can give me the complete information soon? Thanks!
You are now doing post graduate in Electronics and communication so you are eligible for Ph.D course in USA. If you have qualified in GRE with good score then you are eligible to get admission in Ph.D course in USA.

GRE stands for Graduate Record Examination.

There are no specific eligibility criteria for GRE Test. This examination open for all candidates who are willing to pursue for higher degree in abroad.

Types of Graduate Record Examination test

1) Revised General Test
2) GRE Subject Tests

Revised General Test

1) Verbal Reasoning (130-170)
2) Quantitative Reasoning (130-170)
3) Analytical Writing (0-6)

GRE Subject Tests

• GRE Biochemistry, Cell and Molecular Biology Subject Test- 180 Questions
• GRE Biology Subject Test- 200 Questions
• GRE Chemistry Subject Test- 130 Questions
• GRE Computer Science Subject Test – 70 Questions
• GRE Literature in English Subject Test- 230 Questions
• GRE Mathematics Subject Test- 66 Questions
• GRE Physics Subject Test- 100 Questions
• GRE Psychology Subject Test- 205 Questions
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?