9th November 2016, 07:03 PM
Unregistered

Is it mandatory to do PhD to become Professor/Lecturer for B.A.(Tamil) student?

I am doing B.A. in Tamil. As I was not getting any other stream so I have decided to do Tamil Honours. But after searching alot I came to know that there is no scope except teaching profession and I have to do PhD then I will get opportunities to become a Professor or Lecturer. Is it true?

10th November 2016, 11:01 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it mandatory to do PhD to become Professor/Lecturer for B.A.(Tamil) student?

Yes, to become a lecturer in a respective College you must have to complete your Ph.D course.
Candidates those who have completed their Ph.D course from a recognised University, can apply for the post of Assistant Professor in respective Colleges.
11th November 2016, 09:09 AM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Is it mandatory to do PhD to become Professor/Lecturer for B.A.(Tamil) student?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am doing B.A. in Tamil. As I was not getting any other stream so I have decided to do Tamil Honours. But after searching alot I came to know that there is no scope except teaching profession and I have to do PhD then I will get opportunities to become a Professor or Lecturer. Is it true?
Well, most of the students prefers Teaching field after BA in Tamil. But, it's not mandatory to become a Professor/Lecturer after BA in Tamil. You can also find job opportunity in different fields such as,

- Translation bureaus,
- Publishing houses,
- International Organizations, Hotel industry,
- Travel and Tourism sector etc.

But, you should have good communication skill to get job opportunity in the above fields.
11th November 2016, 02:02 PM
rachna sarswat
Senior Member+

PhD is not mandatory for being a lecturer or professor but qualifying in UGC NET is mandatory. But for that you have to complete your post graduation with 55% or above marks from an approved university. Only after that you will be eligible for UGC NET exam. Thanks
11th November 2016, 05:20 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

The minimum qualification required to become a lecturer is a masters degree in given field. Most of the universities and colleges prefer candidates with post graduation and NET/SET qualification for lecturer posts.

Ph.D is not essential, if you have qualified NET/SET in given subject. A good score in NET/SET can help you get lecturer job after post graduation.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?