1st June 2015, 01:03 AM
Unregistered

Is it mandatory to complete MCA course to do Ph.D?

Hello Sir/Mam,
Sir i want to do phd after mca and i can say that which student pass out mca after doing phd. and this criteria is wrong? Can you please provide me the right eligibility criteria followed for doing Ph.D? What should be the process which I need to follow now?

1st June 2015, 11:41 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it mandatory to complete MCA course to do Ph.D?

Master's degree is a must of Ph.D admission in India if you haven't done courses like B.Tech. Those who have done B.Tech are eligible for Ph.D admission after qualifying exams like GATE. Therefore, you have to complete MCA with at least 55% marks to become eligible for Ph.D admission in India. For candidates who belong to reserved category there is relaxation of 5% marks.

The Ph.D admission notification is released by the respective University and you have to apply according to it. You have to attend entrance exam and interview for admission. If you have scores like NET/SLET/GATE/JRF then no need to appear for entrance exam and you will be eligible for direct interview.
2nd June 2015, 08:36 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it mandatory to complete MCA course to do Ph.D?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello Sir/Mam,
Sir i want to do phd after mca and i can say that which student pass out mca after doing phd. and this criteria is wrong? Can you please provide me the right eligibility criteria followed for doing Ph.D? What should be the process which I need to follow now?
You have completed MCA degree so you are eligible for Ph.D course. But you should qualify in UGC NET or CSIR NET exam.

Candidates who have completed masters degree from a recognized university are eligible for Ph.D course. General and OBC candidates should hold 55% and above marks in masters degree. For SC/ST candidate its 50% and above in masters degree.

There is no age criteria. Your age should be below 28 years for JRF post.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?