21st December 2015, 11:21 PM
Unregistered

Ph.D in IIT across India?

Sir I want to know how to join phd in IIT across India? Hi sir please let me as soon as possible. So, please tell me how I can do this?

Related Questions:
  1. PhD part time/full time Computer Science in IIT or Foreign university?
  2. After M.Sc is there any scope to do PhD from IIT? Information about leading institutes in India where PhD can be done?
  3. Can I study PhD in Physics at IIT being a M.Sc 1st year student? List of institutes which offer PhD in Physics program in India?
  4. Can I do PhD in IIT or NIT if secured 95.96 percentile in GATE-Biotechnology?
  5. PHD in IIT through GATE? Calling mode for PHD in IITs? -- [Most Discussed]
  6. Best institutions for doing M.Tech course after completion of Bio Tech?
  7. How may I do Ph.D course in Mathematics? I'm studing in 12th standard
  8. What is the eligibility criteria followed to do Ph.D in India and abroad?
  9. Eligibility criteria for Ph.D in both India and abroad through CSIR and GATE?
  10. Is it necessary to appear in GATE for study PhD in IIT? Can I get admission through NET?
  11. Total expenses and course duration of PhD in India? -- [New]
  12. What is the eligibility criteria followed for doing Ph.D in India and aborad based on GATE and CSIR? doing M.Sc Genetics after completion of B.Pharm after completion of M.Sc course?
  13. Is it necessary to appear in GATE for study PhD in IIT? Can I get admission through NET?
  14. Am I eligible for PhD from IIT Delhi after MCA? Is MCA equivalent to PhD?
  15. IIT Madras offers PhD in Environmental Issues and Global Warning?
  16. Universities to pursue Ph.D in Financial Management for SFO(US)? Basic criteria for admission?
  17. Can I get admission to study PhD(Mathematics) in IIT-Mumbai if secured 159 rank in GATE?
  18. What courses I can do after B.Sc Maths to get a handsome salary?
24th February 2023, 05:32 PM
SurajPSingh

Default Re: Ph.D in IIT across India?

To join a Ph.D. program at an IIT (Indian Institute of Technology) across India, you need to meet the following eligibility criteria:

You should have a Master's degree in Engineering/Technology/Science/Humanities and Social Sciences with a minimum of 60% marks or CGPA 6.0 on a scale of 10.

Alternatively, you can have a Bachelor's degree in Engineering/Technology with a minimum of 75% marks or CGPA 7.5 on a scale of 10.

You must also have qualified for a national-level exam such as GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering) or NET (National Eligibility Test) or JRF (Junior Research Fellowship).

To apply for a Ph.D. program in IIT, you need to follow these steps:
  • Check the websites of different IITs and look for their Ph.D. admission notification.
  • Register for the Ph.D. program by filling the online application form and paying the application fee.
  • Upload all the required documents such as mark sheets, certificates, research proposal, and reference letters.
  • Take the national-level exam such as GATE/NET/JRF as required and submit the scorecard with the application.
  • Wait for the selection list to be announced and attend the interview process if you are shortlisted.

The selection process for Ph.D. programs in IITs typically involves a written test followed by an interview. The written test may be waived for candidates who have qualified for a national-level exam such as GATE/NET/JRF. The interview panel will evaluate your research aptitude, knowledge of the subject area, and communication skills before deciding whether to offer you admission to the Ph.D. program.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?