1st July 2018, 02:00 PM
Unregistered

Is PhD Degree necessary to become an Assistant Professor?

Sir/Madam, I want to become an Assistant Professor in a university. Right now, I am doing MCom course. So, I have to study PhD for becoming an Assistant Professor? Please tell me in this regard. Waiting for your response!

Related Questions:
  1. Eligibility for Assistant Professor job in government degree colleges?
  2. Is it mandatory to do graduation and higher secondary studies in the same subject to take the government teaching job?
  3. Is there any age relaxation for PhD degree holder to become an Assistant Professor in West Bengal government colleges?
  4. Qualification required for being Assistant Professor?
  5. Am i eligible for the post of assistant professor in degree colleges? I have submitted PhD
  6. Whether distance PhD(Mathematics) is available to study to become an Assistant Professor? Procedure to apply?
  7. Possibility to study PhD(Economics) for an Assistant Professor?
  8. What all exams are required to take after pursuing PhD from Abroad for being Professor in a university?
  9. What is the eligibility for assistant professor? Am I eligible for Assistant Professor after completing post graduation 24 years back with 53%?
  10. Am I eligible for Assistant Professor of Mathematics while doing PhD?
  11. Being an Assistant Professor, how can I become a Lecturer in Abroad if completed PhD in Economics?
  12. Eligibility criteria for Assistant Professor? Am I eligible after having Post Graduate as well as PhD?
  13. Will there be more Job Opportunities for the candidates after completion of M.Phil in Mathematics?
  14. Opportunities for an Assistant Professor who has completed PhD after GATE?
  15. Criteria for blind to be an English Assistant Professor in NIT?
  16. List of universities offering PhD in Audiology/Speech Pathology for an M.Tech holder and Assistant Professor?
  17. Is BE qualification sufficient to work as an Assistant Professor in a private college? -- [Most Discussed]
  18. Can I I teach B.Tech/M.Tech students of engineering colleges after PhD in Electronics & Instrumentation Technology?
4th July 2018, 10:27 PM
ppsahu
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is PhD Degree necessary to become an Assistant Professor?

According to me, I think a PHD degree should be a necessity to become an assistant professor. In India, the UGC has created Ph.D as one of the essential qualifications to be appointed as an Assistant Professor at the higher education level.
5th July 2018, 04:23 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is PhD Degree necessary to become an Assistant Professor?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir/Madam, I want to become an Assistant Professor in a university. Right now, I am doing MCom course. So, I have to study PhD for becoming an Assistant Professor? Please tell me in this regard. Waiting for your response!

The PhD Degree is not mandatory to become an Assistant Professor. The minimum qualification required to become an Assistant Professor is a Master’s Degree with at least 55% marks. Candidates have to clear the NET examination in the particular subject to become an Assistant Professor. Candidates who have cleared SET examinations also considered for the Assistant Professor posts. Candidates have to apply for the Assistant Professor posts anywhere in India. Candidates have to appear for the interview before selection.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?