12th February 2016, 10:00 PM
Unregistered

Is it possible to do Ph.D after English literature with 54%?

I have done m.a.in English literature with 54% and I want to do m.a.so what should I do? Is it possible to do PhD with 54%?

Related Questions:
  1. In which country I should pursue M.A. and PhD(English Literature) in Abroad?
  2. Admission procedure to study PhD in English Literature in UK for M.A. postgraduate?
  3. Detailed information about PhD in English Language and English Literature for an English postgraduate? Possibility to do PhD in Management?
  4. Can I study PhD if pursuing Distance M.A. in English Literature?
  5. Detailed information about PhD in English Literature?
  6. Detailed information about PhD English Literature?
  7. Detailed information about PhD in English Literature?
  8. Can I become a Lecturer if study PhD in Management being a MBA and M.A.(English Literature) postgraduate?
  9. List of colleges which offer PhD in English Literature in UK? Procedure to get admission?
  10. List of colleges which offer PhD in English Literature in India? Entrance exam to get admission?
  11. Universities offering PhD in English Literature with stipend
  12. Admission procedure to study PhD in English Literature in Oxford University for B.A.(English) candidate?
  13. Admission procedure to study PhD in English Literature in Ranchi University for M.A. postgraduate?
  14. Is it possible to study PhD in English Literature without appearing in any entrance exam for distance English postgraduate? -- [New]
  15. Information about PhDin English Literature from IGNOU?
  16. Universities for PhD in English Literature or Linguistics after M.A. in English -- [Most Discussed]
  17. Phd in english literature from R.S.S.U university of Raipur (C.G). procedure and papers
  18. Procedure to do PhD in UK for English Literature postgraduate?
12th February 2016, 11:01 PM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to do Ph.D after English literature with 54%?

No, it is not possible to do Ph.D. after English literature with 54% marks.
Candidate must have passed Masters degree with at least 55% marks. There is relaxation of 5% marks to SC and ST candidates also.
There is no age limit.
12th February 2016, 11:33 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have done m.a.in English literature with 54% and I want to do m.a.so what should I do? Is it possible to do PhD with 54%?
You have completed M.A in English literature with 54% marks so you are not eligible for Ph.D course.

Those who have completed masters degree with above 55% marks from a recognized university are eligible for Ph.D course.

There is no age criteria.
13th February 2016, 12:18 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Yes, it is possible to pursue PhD even after completing M.A degree course with 54%. There is no problem with the percentage unless you are opting for the universities which take admission mainly on the basis of percentage at post graduation level. In that scenario, your admission will be based on the competition level from other applicants. However, entrance test will be conducted by each university since UGC has put the rule that admission in Phd should be done on the basis of entrance exam (NET-JRF/ entrance exam conducted by the concerned university). So there is nothing to worry much. Hence if you score well in the entrance exam, you can get admission in Phd course.
13th February 2016, 09:52 PM
ShreeRocks
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sorry, it is not possible to do PhD in English with less than 55% marks. The eligibility to study the PhD course in English is a pass in Master’s Degree in English with 55% marks (Amity University, Lovely Professional University, IGNOU, Alagappa University, Pondicherry University etc). The aspirant has to appear for an entrance examination for the admission.
13th February 2016, 11:05 PM
palugulavenumadhav
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to pursue Ph.D.

The minimum eligibility criteria required to pursue Ph.D course is that the candidate must have passed masters degree or M.Phil course with an aggregate of 50% marks from a recognized university.

Some of the reputed universities conduct an entrance examination for admission to various Ph.D courses.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?