10th February 2016, 01:07 PM
Unregistered

Is it possible to study PhD in English Literature without appearing in any entrance exam for distance English postgraduate?

Hello,
I am a distance M.A. in English postgraduate. I want to go through PhD program in English literature. Which university is available for this? Is it possible without entrance test?
With Regards-
Sankar Acharyya

Related Questions:
  1. Detailed information about PhD in English Language and English Literature for an English postgraduate? Possibility to do PhD in Management?
  2. Admission procedure to study PhD in English Literature in UK for M.A. postgraduate?
  3. Can I study PhD without appearing in any entrance exam being a English postgraduate?
  4. Can I study PhD if pursuing Distance M.A. in English Literature?
  5. Can I become a Lecturer if study PhD in Management being a MBA and M.A.(English Literature) postgraduate?
  6. Admission procedure to study PhD in English Literature in Ranchi University for M.A. postgraduate?
  7. MA in Psychology after B.A in English Literature? MA in English literature along with diploma in Psychology? Duration of diploma course?
  8. In which country I should pursue M.A. and PhD(English Literature) in Abroad?
  9. Detailed information about PhD(English) course for M.A.(English language and Literature) postgraduate?
  10. Procedure to do PhD in UK for English Literature postgraduate?
  11. Possibility to study PhD without M.Phil for English Literature postgraduate? List good universities with admission procedure?
  12. List of colleges which offer PhD in English Literature in India? Entrance exam to get admission?
  13. Eligibility for PhD course in English Literature through online mode?
  14. Admission procedure to study PhD in English Literature in Oxford University for B.A.(English) candidate?
  15. How can I get admission to study PhD in English being a M.A. and B.Ed postgraduate?
  16. How to do M.A English Literature through distance?
  17. How to study PhD and become English Professor being a postgraduate?
  18. Phd in english literature from R.S.S.U university of Raipur (C.G). procedure and papers -- [Most Discussed]
15th February 2016, 11:14 PM
ArunavaBasu
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Is it possible to study PhD in English Literature without appearing in any entrance exam for distance English postgraduate?

I am sorry to tell you this but PhD is not possible without Entrance Examination.
You need to appear for the Entrance Examination of the University in which you want to pursue your PhD or you must crack the UGC-NET Examination.
You are eligible for the course of PhD if you have completed your Master Degree with 50% marks.
So if you have the eligible marks you must prepare for the Entrance Examination from now on to get admission to the course of PhD.
You can be eligible for the course without any Entrance Examination if you have done your M.Phil in the same subject in which you will do your PhD.
This is the only possibility.
24th March 2018, 06:34 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Is it possible to study PhD in English Literature without appearing in any entrance exam for distance English postgraduate?

I wrote ph.d (english) entrance test 2016 and I qualified in that test also. Am I eligible to do ph.d in English in distance from osmania university.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?