8th November 2016, 12:44 PM
Unregistered

Is it possible to do Ph.D in Physics without a master degree?

Can I do phd in physics without having master degree in any Indian institute? It will be really helpful if you can provide me the information on the same. What should be the procedure which I need to follow next to apply for the course as I don't have the master degree?

8th November 2016, 06:06 PM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Is it possible to do Ph.D in Physics without a master degree?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Can I do phd in physics without having master degree in any Indian institute? It will be really helpful if you can provide me the information on the same. What should be the procedure which I need to follow next to apply for the course as I don't have the master degree?

Sorry, it is not possible to do PhD in Physics without a Master’s Degree in Physics. The candidates with M.Phil Degree or M.Sc in Physics or Material Science with minimum of 55% marks or equivalent CGPA are eligible to apply for the PhD in Physics. The candidates will be selected through PhD Entrance Test and Personal Interview. So it is not possible to do PhD Physics without a master degree in the same subject. You have to first study the M.Sc Physics and then apply for PhD in Physics. The course is available in various universities in India.
8th November 2016, 06:52 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

I am sorry to say that you cannot do Ph.D in Physics without completing your Masters degree course as it is not possible for a candidate.
Candidates those who have completed their Masters degree in Physics from a recognised University with a minimum of 55% of marks in it are only eligible to do Ph.D course in Physics.
8th November 2016, 10:33 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
If you have completed masters degree from a recognized University with above 55% marks then you are eligible for Ph.D course. Masters degree is essential for Ph.D course.

Your age should be below 28 years.
9th November 2016, 08:39 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

No, I am sorry to say that without having a PG degree and without having appeared and cleared NET/SET/GATE examination, you cannot get admission in PhD course, as there is no such provision for it. You will have to have a PG degree from a recognized university having scored a minimum of 55% in aggregate.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?