16th May 2015, 08:55 PM
Unregistered

What is the procedure to join Ph.D course after B.E in Computer Engineering? Do I need to complete post graduation as well?

How i can join the after completed my be in computer engineering or i require to complete my post graduation in this field? Can someone please give me the information on this soon as possible? Am awaiting to get the reply soon to proceed further.

Thanks!

16th May 2015, 09:45 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the procedure to join Ph.D course after B.E in Computer Engineering? Do I need to complete post graduation as well?

Only autonomous Institutes like IITs and IISc offers Ph.D admission to B.E or B.Tech students on the basis of GATE scores. Therefore, you need to qualify GATE with a excellent score to become eligible for admission. Institutes like BITS Pilani also give admission to B.Tech and B.E for Ph.D program and they also ask for GATE/NET qualification.

You can apply when the notification for Ph.D admission is released by the given institute on a prescribed application format and send it to the given address with all documents. You have to appear for interview before getting selected. Performance in the interview is very crucial for admission. If you don't succeed in this way then you have to go for Post Graduation course.
17th May 2015, 01:01 AM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the procedure to join Ph.D course after B.E in Computer Engineering? Do I need to complete post graduation as well?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
How i can join the after completed my be in computer engineering or i require to complete my post graduation in this field? Can someone please give me the information on this soon as possible? Am awaiting to get the reply soon to proceed further.

Thanks!
Sorry that you are not eligible for PhD course after completing B.E in Computer Engineering. Master degree in relevant specialization is the minimum educational qualification to apply for a PhD. Since, B.E in Computer Engineering has been considered as a Bachelor degree, so as per your educational qualification you are not eligible. But, please don't lose your confident I suggest you to apply for a Master's Degree in Computer Science/Engineering. After completing the Master degree course you are definitely eligible for the PhD.

PHD ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA:

- Candidates who aspire to join the PhD are required to appear and pass Master degree in relevant specialization from a recognized university.
- Candidates must have a Master degree with at least 55% marks at Master's degree level.
- Candidates must appear and qualify in the UGC NET/SLET exam to get selected at the time of admission.
17th May 2015, 08:32 PM
james hettfield
Member+

For most of the universities, there is no such provision of direct PhD without completing the masters.
Hence it is recommended that first you should go on for a masters program and try to excel as much as you can in it so that you can get an advantage when it comes to your admissions in PhD.
26th May 2015, 10:53 PM
kunalroy89

There is no direct Ph.D after B.Tech.You need to complete your masters to be eligible for Ph.D.
In some of the IITs there are integrated courses which will give you M.Tech + Ph.D after 5years. You can take admission in those courses through GATE scores.But there are not too many courses in Conputer Science field among these Integrated PhD.So you need to score very high in GATE.
BUT without masters you can not directly opt for Ph.D.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?