2nd August 2015, 11:49 PM
Unregistered

Is it possible for me to do Ph.D course if I have scored 46% marks in M.Com?

I have done mcom 4 years before. My score was 46%. Now I want to do PhD. Is it possible for me to do Ph.D course if I have scored 46% marks in M.Com? Can someone please let me know the information on the same soon? Thank you!

Related Questions:
  1. In which subject I should prefer doing PhD? Marks needed in B.Com and M.Com to do PhD?
  2. Steps to do PhD after M.Com? Subjects available in PhD entrance exam?
  3. Can I pursue PhD having 50.7% in M.Com? Age limit to do PhD?
  4. Can I do Ph.D in Management after doing full time M.Com in Business Management and scoring 50% marks?
  5. Can I do M.Com after scoring 38 marks?
  6. Can I do Ph.D in management after doing M.Com in Business management with 50% marks?
  7. Is NET mandatory for PhD? Which books to refer for NET? Best university for PhD in Commerce?
  8. Can I do Phd without 55% in Post Graduation?
  9. Which course is better between MCA and B.Arch? I am getting MANIT Bhopal in DAVV University for MCA
  10. Is it possible to do Ph.D after doing M.Com from Calcutta university with 46%?
  11. is it better to do MBA or MCOM after BCOM?? -- [Most Discussed]
  12. Which option is best between M.Com regular and M.Com correspondence? What type of preparation should be done for Ph.D?
  13. What is advisable M.Phil and then PhD or directly PhD?
  14. How should I join M.Phil and Ph.D in Commerce? Is there any entrance test? How much percentage is required for the test? Can I do M.Phil or Ph.D in Commerce after B.Com or M.Com?
  15. How to do Ph.d in commerce from Indian University? I have 50.2% marks in M.Com and have 13 years experience in Accounts and Finance
  16. List of institutions I can apply for Ph.D or Integrated Ph.D programs? I've scored 444 marks in GATE exam with 96 percentile
  17. Is there any age limit to do PhD? Detailed information about admission?
  18. Am I eligible to apply for PhD in Calicut university?
3rd August 2015, 01:43 AM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible for me to do Ph.D course if I have scored 46% marks in M.Com?

Yes, it is possible to do Ph.D course after scoring 46% marks in M.Com.
You can't take admission in good colleges. But you can take admission in average colleges.

You can pursue Ph.D from IGNOU, KSOU, Osmania university etc.
3rd August 2015, 12:33 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible for me to do Ph.D course if I have scored 46% marks in M.Com?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have done mcom 4 years before. My score was 46%. Now I want to do PhD. Is it possible for me to do Ph.D course if I have scored 46% marks in M.Com? Can someone please let me know the information on the same soon? Thank you!
You have got 46 % marks in M.Com so you are not eligible for Ph.D course. Because the eligibility criteria is given below.

Candidates who have completed masters degree from a recognized university are eligible for Ph.D course. General and OBC candidates should hold 55% and above marks in masters degree. For SC/ST candidate its 50% and above in masters degree.

There is no age criteria.
3rd August 2015, 05:16 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

No, I am sorry to say that you are not eligible to pursue Ph.D course after M.Com having scored only 46% as the minimum percentage required to pursue Ph.D course is 55%.

Therefore, on this ground you are not eligible to pursue Ph.D course.
3rd August 2015, 07:09 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

You need 55% marks in M.Com if you want to apply for PH.D admission in India. You are surely not eligible for admission with this percentage even if you get relaxation in marks for reserved category.

This criteria is set by UGC and you can get admission in a recognized university with this percentage for your PH.D programme.
10th August 2015, 02:41 PM
Junior Member+

Hi friend here i can give you some information
--> First of all every inst will ask minimum 60%
--> That case will be covered by your GATE score or CSIR score
--> So my suggestion is that you have to crack any one exam in those two.
--> Otherwise there is another way also for us.
--> If you have strong publication in your subject then you can get direct admission for PhD
all the best

Thank you
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?