6th January 2018, 04:27 PM
Unregistered

Is it possible to pursue PhD in Mathematics through distance mode? What about practicals if any?

Is it possible to pursue Ph.D in mathematics in distance mode from Burdwan university or any indian university? What about practicals or lab thing if there would be any?

6th January 2018, 08:01 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to pursue PhD in Mathematics through distance mode? What about practicals if any?

Yes, Ph.D in mathematics is definitely possible through distance mode because practicals don't require any lab experiments like other science subjects.

You can do it from universities like IGNOU, which has many study centers across India. Admission will be on the basis of performance in the entrance exam and interview.
6th January 2018, 08:55 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to pursue PhD in Mathematics through distance mode? What about practicals if any?

Of course yes. It's possible to pursue PhD in Mathematics through correspondence mode. Basically there is a certain educational qualification required to be eligible for pursuing PhD in Mathematics course.

>> The basic educational qualification required to be eligible is "Master's Degree" or Post Graduation from a recognized university in concerned stream with minimum 55% marks.

>> As far as my best knowledge is concerned, IGNOU offers this PhD in Mathematics in correspondence mode.

>> As per my view, PhD in Mathematics at Burdwan University offered is of full time course and not part time or distance learning course.

>> Hence, I suggest you to pursue PhD in Mathematics course from IGNOU and you must have to appear in entrance examination that is conducted by concerned university.
6th January 2018, 10:14 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

I am very much happy to tell you that definitely it is possible to opt for the Ph.D course through distance mode also, there is no problem in it.
You must have to complete your Masters degree to be eligible for the Ph.D course.
Candidates those who have completed their Masters degree in the relevant field from a recognized University with a minimum of 55% of marks in it are eligible to opt for the Ph.D course through distance mode.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?