11th March 2018, 11:15 AM
Unregistered

Requirements to apply in PhD for MCA student of Madras University?

Hello, I am a student of Madras University, Studying MCA. After completing my MCA I will apply for PhD program. So, I want to know about the requirements to apply for PhD program.

Related Questions:
  1. Is Madras University reducing stipend for PhD student?
  2. Procedure and requirements to apply for PhD Psychology course in Harvard University?
  3. Contact address of Madras University to study PhD in Mathematics?
  4. What are the requirements to study PhD in Technology in Oxford University for M.Tech student?
  5. List of colleges which offer B.Com under Madras University? Requirements to get admission?
  6. How to apply for PhD in Computer science after completing MCA? -- [Most Discussed]
  7. How to apply for PhD in Computer science after completing MCA?
  8. Requirements to study PhD in Technology in Oxford University for M.Tech student?
  9. Can I do part time PhD from UAE after completing MCA from Madras university?
  10. Where can I apply for PhD in Computer Science directly being a MCA student of Punjab Technical University?
  11. When to apply for admission in PhD at University of Hamburg, Germany? What are the requirements for it?
  12. Am I eligible to do Ph.D in IIT madras after completion of MCA with 8.67 CGPA?
  13. How can I get admission to study PhD in Mathematics in Madras University? Detailed information about this course?
  14. List of guides to do Ph.D in Madras University for mathematics discipline?
  15. Best college, requirements and duration of PhD Economics? Scope after this course?
  16. Detailed information and requirements to apply for PhD in Sanskrit for M.A. candidate of Muzaffarpur University?
  17. Requirements to apply for PhD(Biotechnology) in Dr. Hari Singh Gour University? -- [New]
  18. Best Ph.D university in India after completing MCA? How to apply for it?
22nd April 2018, 06:07 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Requirements to apply in PhD for MCA student of Madras University?

After the completion of MCA course, you are very much eligible for Ph.D course in the same.
Let me inform you about the requirements for pursuing Ph.D course, just have a look over it.

Eligibility criteria to do Ph.D after MCA:-

Candidates must have completed Master's (MCA) degree from a recognized University.
Candidates must have scored a minimum of 55% of marks in Master's degree.
Candidates must have a valid NET scorecard.
22nd April 2018, 10:47 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Requirements to apply for PhD for MCA Candidates:

Yes, you are certainly eligible to pursue doctoral program after successful completion of this MCA course. Basically there is a certain educational qualification required to pursue this doctoral program. And here are the major details,

>> Candidates must have completed their Master's Degree in concerned stream from a recognized university. As you are done with MCA course, I am sure you are certainly eligible to pursue this PhD program.

>> As you are from MCA background, you are eligible to do PhD in below mentioned streams.
* PhD in Computer Science
* PhD in Computer Applications..etc.,

>> Besides meeting this criteria, you are required to have valid score of any PhD Entrance Examination includes UGC/ CSIR NET, ULRAT, or concerned college's PhD Entrance Examination.

>> There are several colleges that are offering doctoral program in Computer Applications or Computer Science areas of study.
24th April 2018, 08:12 PM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

In order to get admission into PhD course in the relevant discipline of Computer Application, you must have competed masters degree in the field of Computer Application/Computer Science with a minimum of 55% marks from a recognized university.
Candidates, those who are willing to do PhD course in Madras University, are required to qualify PhD entrance examination conducted by the University. UGC/CSIR NET/GATE qualified candidates are exempted from appearing in the entrance examination conducted by the University for the selection of candidates to the research programs.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?