20th April 2016, 11:31 AM
Unregistered

Should I have to appear in PhD entrance exam of Punjab University being qualified in UGC-NET?

Hello Sir,
I have done my M.A. in English with 60% marks from Punjab University and qualified the UGC-NET. I want to take admission in PhD in English from Punjab University, Chandigarh. Please inform whether I am required to appear in entrance exam?

Related Questions:
  1. Ph.D admission in English in Punjab university with 60% and UGC NET examination qualified?
  2. Should I have to appear in Kanpur University PhD(English) entrance exam if qualified in UGC-NET? Syllabus of PhD(English) entrance exam of Kanpur University?
  3. Ph.D admission in English in Punjab university after M.A in English and UGC NET examination qualified?
  4. Universities which offer PhD in Finance for UGC-NET-JRF qualified candidate in Dehradun
  5. How to i get the P.hd in computer science?
  6. How to do Ph.D in Chemistry being a College lecturer?
  7. Done MBA and also answered UGC NET exam : Am I eligible for PhD? -- [Most Discussed]
  8. Eligibility to get admission in PhD(Geography) course in Panjab University for UGC-NET qualified candidate who has secured 59.1% In M.Sc?
  9. PhD (Chemistry) entrance exam notifications in West Bengal
  10. Can I get admission to study PhD in Geography being a UGC-NET qualified Assistant Government Teacher?
  11. How to do part time PhD in any recognized university of Uttar Pradesh having qualified in UGC-NET?
  12. What is better for me PhD or M.Phil if qualified UGC NET and JRF?
  13. Is it necessary to appear in CSIR-UGC-NET to study PhD in Mathematics? List of colleges which offer PhD in Mathematics without NET?
  14. Ph.D from Bangalore after UGC NET qualified with gold medalist in M.Sc Botany from HP University Shimla?
  15. Procedure to apply for PhD program in Ranchi University for UGC-NET-JRF qualified candidate?
  16. How can I join to study PhD being a UGC-NET qualifier?
  17. List of colleges which offer PhD to a UGC-NET(Life Science) qualified candidate?
  18. Exam required to get admission in Ph.D in English in PU Chandigarh?
21st April 2016, 10:15 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Should I have to appear in PhD entrance exam of Punjab University being qualified in UGC-NET?

If you have qualified UGC NET in English subject then you will be exempted from any Ph.D entrance exam. There will be interview and viva stage only for you being a NET qualified candidate.

Hence, apply when notification is out and be prepared for the interview stage which will be crucial for getting admission.
22nd April 2016, 11:05 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Should I have to appear in PhD entrance exam of Punjab University being qualified in UGC-NET?

No, since you have qualified in the UGC-NET examination, you can pursue P.hD in Panjab University on the basis of UGC-NET score card. You do not have to re appear any of the entrance examination. Once you have qualified in the UGC-NET, you are very much eligible for pursuing P.hD.
15th September 2020, 10:47 AM
Unregistered

I. Want to take admission in phd in political science in punjab University I. Am only Ugc Net qualifer not JRF . should I have to appear for phd entrance exam..
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?