10th October 2015, 06:54 PM
Unregistered

Should I have to appear in UGC-NET to study PhD in Bioinformatics?

Sir,
I have completed my M.Sc in Bioinformatics. And I want to do PhD in Bioinformatics. So, I have to give UGC-NET? Kindly let me know about this.

Related Questions:
  1. Do I need to appear in NET/SLET for amission in PhD Bioinformatics? Is there any exam or test other than BINC?
  2. Procedure to study PhD through UGC-NET for M.A.(History) postgraduate?
  3. Is it necessary to appear in CSIR-UGC-NET to study PhD in Mathematics? List of colleges which offer PhD in Mathematics without NET?
  4. Can i appear for UGCNET after doing PG Diploma in Bioinformatics? -- [Most Discussed]
  5. How much JRF is offered through GATE and UGC-NET? Minimum marks score to study PhD through GATE and UGC-NET?
  6. Detailed information and eligibility to apply in UGC-NET to study PhD in Urdu course?
  7. How to get enrolled in PhD Bioinformatics? Is it necessary to clear NET, GATE, ICMR like exams?
  8. Distance degree is applicable for Research/PhD in Bioinformatics?
  9. Should I have to appear in NET, GATE or ICMR for the admission in Ph.D programme in India if completed PG in Bioinformatics having 2 years of work experience?
  10. Should I have to appear in UGC-NET for study PhD in Management?
  11. Gap after post graduation is a problem for pursuing PhD from foreign?
  12. Should I have to appear in UGC-NET to study PhD in Mass Communication?
  13. Is it necessary to appear in UGC-NET to study PhD in Electronics for postgraduate?
  14. Am I eligible to appear in UGC-NET to study PhD in Hindi if completed M.A.(Hindi) and B.Com? -- [Most Discussed]
  15. If I pursue PhD under VIT can I get fellowship under UGC?
  16. Information regarding admission in PhD Bioinformatics in New Zealand?
  17. Procedure to apply for UGC-NET to study PhD in Commerce for M.Com postgraduate?
  18. Admission process for Ph.D. course in Organic Chemistry?

18th October 2015, 04:22 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Should I have to appear in UGC-NET to study PhD in Bioinformatics?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir,
I have completed my M.Sc in Bioinformatics. And I want to do PhD in Bioinformatics. So, I have to give UGC-NET? Kindly let me know about this.
You have completed M.Sc in Bioinformatics so you are eligible for Ph.D course but you should qualify in UGC NET exam.

NET stands for National Eligibility Test which is conducted twice time in year by UGC.

Those candidates who have completed masters degree from a recognized university are eligible for NET exam. General and OBC candidates should hold 55% and above marks in masters degree. For SC/ST candidate its 50% and above in masters degree.

Age criteria for NET exam:-

For JRF Post :-Your age should be below 28 years.

For Lectureship Post :-There is no age criteria.

23rd July 2019, 01:38 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Should I have to appear in UGC-NET to study PhD in Bioinformatics?

I have done msc Bioinformatics. How to select subject in nat ugc?

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?