12th August 2015, 02:00 PM
Unregistered

Is it necessary to appear in UGC-NET to study PhD in Electronics for postgraduate?

Respected Sir,
I want to do PhD in Electronics. I would like to know that I have to give UGC-NET for this? I have already completed my M.Sc in Electronics and working. Please reply as soon as possible. Thank you in advance.

Related Questions:
  1. Procedure to study PhD through UGC-NET for M.A.(History) postgraduate?
  2. Procedure to apply for UGC-NET to study PhD in Commerce for M.Com postgraduate?
  3. CSIR-NET or UGC-NET, which is to appear for studying PhD in Sericulture for M.Sc postgraduate?
  4. Detailed information about UGC-NET(Commerce) for M.Com postgraduate?
  5. Is it necessary to appear in CSIR-UGC-NET to study PhD in Mathematics? List of colleges which offer PhD in Mathematics without NET?
  6. Is it compulsory to appear in UGC-NET for doing PhD in Computer Science for MCA postgraduate?
  7. How much JRF is offered through GATE and UGC-NET? Minimum marks score to study PhD through GATE and UGC-NET?
  8. Detailed information and eligibility to apply in UGC-NET to study PhD in Urdu course?
  9. Should I have to appear in UGC-NET for study PhD in Management?
  10. Should I have to appear in UGC-NET to study PhD in Mass Communication?
  11. Am I eligible to appear in UGC-NET to study PhD in Hindi if completed M.A.(Hindi) and B.Com? -- [Most Discussed]
  12. If I pursue PhD under VIT can I get fellowship under UGC?
  13. Can I get free scholarship to study PhD being a MA postgraduate?
  14. Entrance exams to study PhD in Physics except UGC-NET for B.Ed and M.Sc candidate?
  15. Should I have to appear in UGC-NET for study Ph.D in Management?
  16. In which entrance exam should I appear among CSIR-NET, UGC-NET, ARS-NET, ICAR-NET and SLET to do PhD? -- [Most Discussed]
  17. Is it necessary to appear in UGC-NET/SLET to study PhD if completed M.Sc(Biotechnology)?
  18. Procedure to get admission in Ph.D(Pharmaceutics)? For which subject I should apply for UGC-NET if want to study Ph.D in Ceutics? Basic difference between Part Time and Full Time Ph.D?
19th August 2015, 08:29 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it necessary to appear in UGC-NET to study PhD in Electronics for postgraduate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Respected Sir,
I want to do PhD in Electronics. I would like to know that I have to give UGC-NET for this? I have already completed my M.Sc in Electronics and working. Please reply as soon as possible. Thank you in advance.
You have completed M.Sc in Electronics so you are eligible for UGC NET exam for Ph.D course.

NET stands for National Eligibility Test.

The educational qualification required for NET exam is masters degree from a recognized university with above 55% marks. 5% relaxation is given for SC/ST category candidates. Final year student are also eligible for NET exam.

There is no age criteria for NET exam but for JRF posts, your age should be below 28 years.

Marks distribution for each papers of NET exam:-

Section 1 - 100 marks(60 questions are there)
Section 2 - 100 marks(50 questions are there)
Section 3 - 150 marks(75 questions are there)
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?