14th January 2018, 10:49 PM
Unregistered

Steps to do PhD in Home Science after BA Home Science? Entrance exams available for it?

I am in final year of Bachelor of Home Science and after completion of it want to do PhD in Home Science. Please tell me which steps I should follow for PhD? Entrance exams available for it?

Related Questions:
  1. Procedure to get admission in PhD(Home Science) at Home Science College and Research Institute for M.Sc postgraduate?
  2. List of entrance exams available to get PhD(Home Science) admission in India? Examination date of such entrance exams?
  3. Which all universities are offering PhD in Home Science? From where admission starts?
  4. Admission details for PhD Home Science?
  5. Admission procedure to study PhD in Home Science for M.A. postgraduate of Delhi University? How much stipend is offered to PhD candidate of Delhi University?
  6. What is required to be done for PhD in Home Science?
  7. Is there any scholarship available for PhD students in college of home science, Hyderabad?
  8. Can i get admission in home science after passing ssc?
  9. Should I have to apply in SET to study PhD in Home Science being a M.A. candidate of Tamil Nadu?
  10. What should I do between PhD(Home Science) and job after completing M.Sc? -- [New]
  11. Last 10 years question papers of JRF Home Science? I am pursuing graduation from BSc Home Science -- [Most Discussed]
  12. List of Institutes which offer PhD in Home Science program in India?
  13. When the notification of Patna University PhD entrance exam will be released? Eligibility criteria and date of PhD entrance exam? Is PhD in Home Science offered by Patna University?
  14. What is the procedure followed to do Ph.D in home science?
  15. What is the procedure followed to apply for Ph.D in Home Science?
  16. Eligibility to study PhD in Food and Nutrition for M.Sc(Home Science) candidate?
  17. What will be two teaching subjects of B.Ed for B.Sc Home science?
  18. List of universities offering PhD in Home Science in Uttar Pradesh?
16th January 2018, 03:46 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Steps to do PhD in Home Science after BA Home Science? Entrance exams available for it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am in final year of Bachelor of Home Science and after completion of it want to do PhD in Home Science. Please tell me which steps I should follow for PhD? Entrance exams available for it?

To do a PhD in Home Science, candidates have to first study, Master’s Degree in Home Science with at least 55% marks. Hence, BA Home Science, students have to study master’s degree in home science and then apply for the PhD in Home Science. Candidates have to appear for the Research Entrance Test (RET) and Interview conducted by the university for the admission to the PhD program. Candidates who have passed NET/SET/GATE/MPhil are exempted from the RET. Candidates have to clear either the entrance test conducted by the university or NET/SET/GATE for pursuing PhD in Home Science. The PhD in Home Science is available in various colleges / universities in India.
16th January 2018, 08:12 PM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Steps to do PhD in Home Science after BA Home Science? Entrance exams available for it?

You cannot pursue PhD in home science just after completing your bachelor's degree. You have to complete your master's degree in the relevant discipline with minimum 55% marks from a recognized university. Most of the universities conduct their own entrance examinations to select the eligible candidates. Candidates who have cleared examinations like CSIR/UGC NET JRF/ICMR JRF etc can directly appear for the interview and get admission.
17th January 2018, 08:16 PM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

After completion of BA Home Science, you need to do Masters in the relevant discipline and must have to complete it with a minimum of 55% marks from any recognized university. After completing masters degree in Home Science with 55% and above marks, you can apply for PhD in the relevant discipline.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?